Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Keith Law ranks the NY Mets #6 farm System-5 make his top 100-post #80-top10 #144

6. New York Mets

The turnaround in this system is remarkable, especially when you consider they have not had a top-10 pick since they took Matt Harvey in 2010, and it puts the Mets in excellent shape relative to the other four teams in their division.

The decisions to trade R.A. Dickey and Marlon Byrd look even better in hindsight. The Mets also have one of the minors' best collections of pitchers who throw strikes but aren't strictly finesse guys.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/story...b/refresh/true
    Last edited by Claymation; 01-28-2014 at 10:11 AM.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    One last point: Of my top 10 farm systems, only three are "large market" teams (although the proper term would be "high revenue"). Scouting and player development are still the best way to build a competitive major league team, and while some extra money in scouting helps, success in either area is far more a function of the people you employ than the money you throw at the players. Good organizations hire and retain good people, enact strong processes and then execute them -- even when fans or writers don't see the big picture.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    Well done Sandy.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash

Keith Law ranks the NY Mets #6 farm System

Your system a bound to improve big time if you trade your asserts for prospects(hence why I was screaming to trade Byrd and Hairston). It should also improve big time if you keep your top picks, but Sandy has only had to worry one year as far as losing their first round.

But as I will say till the cows come home Minaya left Sandy and co a great system in place in their Dominican academy which continues to produce quality pitchers for the most part, Montero, Mateo, Ynoa, Robles, Cessa those second tier pitchers they have are directly related to that academy and the scouts Minaya hired in his tenure even if those who want to give no credit know that.

This fats system has just improved on what Sandy has done since he came, but he has added the top tier guys in his trades and you have to applaud him for that. He was wise to move guys like Dickey, Byrd, Beltran and he got very good talent in return.

vCash
    1. Astros
    2. Twins
    3. Pirates
    4. Cubs
    5. Red Sox
    6. Mets

vCash
    Wow, this is pretty high praise. I really hope that we are on a way to being a Boston type franchise that is some how able to sign high caliber players yet never lapse on stocking their farm with top notch talent. I think they had like 8 top 100 in MLB's rankings. I know that is the plan to build something like that, I just hope we get to actually see it happen.

vCash
    I'm shocked by this I thought we were in the 10-15 range.

The Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Your system a bound to improve big time if you trade your asserts for prospects(hence why I was screaming to trade Byrd and Hairston). It should also improve big time if you keep your top picks, but Sandy has only had to worry one year as far as losing their first round.

But as I will say till the cows come home Minaya left Sandy and co a great system in place in their Dominican academy which continues to produce quality pitchers for the most part, Montero, Mateo, Ynoa, Robles, Cessa those second tier pitchers they have are directly related to that academy and the scouts Minaya hired in his tenure even if those who want to give no credit know that.

This fats system has just improved on what Sandy has done since he came, but he has added the top tier guys in his trades and you have to applaud him for that. He was wise to move guys like Dickey, Byrd, Beltran and he got very good talent in return.
    They were a bottom 3rd system when Omar left.

If you want to give credit towards Omar for this great turnaround, then by all means please do so.
    There aren't any national columnist who would agree with you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    I'm shocked by this I thought we were in the 10-15 range.
    I know he is higher on Nimmo than quite a few other publications. Whether its deserved remains to be seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

They were a bottom 3rd system when Omar left.

If you want to give credit towards Omar for this great turnaround, then by all means please do so.
    There aren't any national columnist who would agree with you.
    look at the power arms with control he is talking about, many were signed by Omar or the scouts he brought in.

Ynoa, Cessa, Montero, Mateo, Robles all are guys signed by Omar or his scouts.

Matz and deGrom are from his draft.

If we want to ignore facts and just say Sandy threw magic dust and turn things around by all means do so.

vCash
    Omar did leave Sandy some good talent and a DR scouting academy to work with.

Sandy has done a very good job at developing talent and trading veterans high for outstanding prospects.

As a fan, given the last 5 years we have endures, this is win-win. I'll take it and give praise to anyone who contributed.

After all, we don't really care who did what do we? We care about the organization being a winner.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    [QUOTE=mets100%;27882331]I'm shocked by this I thought we were in the 10-15 range.[/QUOTE
    I am not shocked, but surprised because I thought that with their pitching depth they should at least sneak in the top 10, maybe as high as 8.

Not many teams can boast the depth the Mets have at pitching, is the hitting prospects what is holding them from being a top 5 or top 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Omar did leave Sandy some good talent and a DR scouting academy to work with.

Sandy has done a very good job at developing talent and trading veterans high for outstanding prospects.

As a fan, given the last 5 years we have endures, this is win-win. I'll take it and give praise to anyone who contributed.

After all, we don't really care who did what do we? We care about the organization being a winner.
    agree.

You have to give credit where credit is due though. I have mostly praise as far as what Sandy has done with the farm, but also when your losing and not trading anything from your farm a system SHOULD improve drastically, specially when you had some all star assets to trade for such prospects.

In that sense mission accomplished.

vCash
    We are not the 6th best farm lol. Cmon Keith.

vCash
    Sandy deserves the bulk of the credit.

Surely Omar left behind some good assets, but Sandy and co. built this farm and did it through trades which I have to give him credit for.

We chose Duda

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast