Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Raptors-Nets 1-27-14

Really tough loss for Nets.

The Raptors played hard and they won.

A few Net players just didn't show up, and the Nets passing game was nowhere near as crisp as it has been.

Garnett's 6-inch missed shot killed us.

Pierce was killer, though.

But, onward and upward.

vCash
    D-Will's ****** pass was awful. I would rather have tried to pass the ball off Lowry's back then try that pass on the Raptors side of the court (Lowry never turned to look at D-Will). Basically gave them a 3 on 2 once the steal happened. Then no one sets a pick for Pierce to try to get him open. He was basically begging for it and no one came.

vCash
    I think it was a bad timeout by Kidd to be honest with you. I know players need to execute, but that was our last timeout and it forced Williams to have to inbound the ball even though the D was really good and no one was really open. The pass off the back would have been interesting though . Just a learning experience lost for Kidd. Just sucks we play arguably the best team in the West and then arguably the best team in the East our next two games. We have to play better than we did the last two games. I understand the emotion of the Bos game, but if they paid attention to the little things we had this one. Oh and great game by Pierce!!!!!!
    Ballin-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballin-Shhhh View Post
    I think it was a bad timeout by Kidd to be honest with you. I know players need to execute, but that was our last timeout and it forced Williams to have to inbound the ball even though the D was really good and no one was really open. The pass off the back would have been interesting though . Just a learning experience lost for Kidd. Just sucks we play arguably the best team in the West and then arguably the best team in the East our next two games. We have to play better than we did the last two games. I understand the emotion of the Bos game, but if they paid attention to the little things we had this one. Oh and great game by Pierce!!!!!!
    Timeout was a tough one, but if we hadn't taken that timeout we would have had the ball down on Toronto's side of the court anyway. Playing the percentages, Kidd made the right call to get the ball away from Toronto's basket as much as possible, but I do see your argument as well.

I think we can be ok playing OKC. We started the good run of games against them. Granted KD wasn't going off like he is now, but I think we can contain him. We have to figure out how to run our offense if they are going to continue to double JJ. Mirza has to start making his shot again. D-Will is making a concerted effort to get him the ball once he makes one. Shots have to start falling.

vCash
    I just don't understand why Deron would be the one to inbound the ball. You'd think you'd have a taller player do it.