Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Gamethread: New York Knicks(17-27)vsBoston Celtics(15-31-Better Make it Now or Never

Tuesday Jan 28th
    @
    7:30 PM ET
    TV: MSG
    Madison Square Garden

Your New York Knicks!

Chef Ray Ray / Pablo Prigioni / Iman Shumpert / Melo / Tyson Chandler

Boston Celtics

Rajon Rondo / Gerald Wallace / Jeff Green / Jared Sullinger / Humphries

Knick Updates

La La Anthony "definitely" thinks Carmelo Anthony will re-sign with the Knicks.
    "I definitely think he will stay [in New York]. I know that he wants to stay and I support him wherever he wants to go," La La Anthony said. "If I can live in Denver, I can live anywhere. I just want him to be happy." This isn't really a big deal and it's hard to argue the Knicks being contenders in the next couple years.
    Metta World Peace did not play on Sunday due to a stomach virus.
    MWP said recently that his knee is healthy enough for him to play, but Mike Woodson is concerned about his conditioning and opted not to play him on Friday. The Knicks' veteran forward is averaging just 15 minutes in 23 appearances this season.
    New York Knicks player development coach Idan Ravin, the personal trainer to Carmelo Anthony, has left the team due to philosophical differences with the coaching staff, league sources told ESPNNewYork.com.

vCash
    I think THjr goes bonkers in this game and lights up the Celtics for 24+ points in extended minutes.

vCash
    Melo has a personal trainer? Then why's he getting gassed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    All the minutes Woodson plays him, he'll be gassed by the end of the season.
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 01-28-2014 at 02:09 AM.

vCash
    Melo goes for Jordans record against the celts 64p

vCash
    because woody is running him into the ground. Last I looked he was leading the league in minutes played. Not ideal for a 30 year old high usage star in the regular season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    because woody is running him into the ground. Last I looked he was leading the league in minutes played. Not ideal for a 30 year old high usage star in the regular season.
    At least we don't run an offense that forces him to work harder than most on almost every single possession. Especially late and games when he is tired.

vCash
    We better not lose to them again. Rondo is going to enjoy that open lane.

vCash
    Because he has a bigger workload than anyone in the entire NBA while playing more minutes than anyone in the entire NBA with less help than any star in the entire NBA.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Billy Joel rocked the Garden last night better than the Knicks have all season.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    wrong thread
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 01-28-2014 at 02:24 PM.

vCash
    Brooklyn beat this team. We better beat this team. We have to win at home.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Because he has a bigger workload than anyone in the entire NBA while playing more minutes than anyone in the entire NBA with less help than any star in the entire NBA.
    Because he plays in an iso-heavy offense that has him handle the ball 145% of the time. And coach is surprised when we face teams that make Melo shoot inefficiently and create bad possessions and we lose! SMH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Because he plays in an iso-heavy offense that has him handle the ball 145% of the time. And coach is surprised when we face teams that make Melo shoot inefficiently and create bad possessions and we lose! SMH
    Is that the official Percentage of time or an approximation ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Melo's usage is right at where its been under D'Antoni and George Karl, and lower than it was last season under Woodson.

You're right though, lets give the ball to Felton, Shump and JR some more.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast