Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Whisenhunt to get "his guy" at #11??

The more I look at our team and think about what players we should/will draft, the more I believe Whiz takes his qb at 11 and allows him to compete for the starting job with Locker.

vCash
    If it's not Bortles, Bridgewater or Manziel, God I hope not. I'm not even sold on those 3, but all 3 will likely be gone and we'd be reaching at 11 for another guy. Carr does intrigue me, however.

vCash
    Unlikely, I think. Considering all the teams that might use a quarterback and are picking before us, it'll probably be reckless to go after another one. For 1st round pick, I like only Bridgewater and Bortles, maybe Garoppolo too. Except for Jimmy, the other two are most likely gone at that point in the Draft. I'm not a big fan of Carr and I certainly wouldn't have Manziel as our franchise quarterback.

vCash
    Highly unlikely that one of the 3 top QBs fall to 11, outside of those 3 McCarron and Garrapollo intrigues me the most, and maybe Mettenberger, Concerned about his ACL, Now if we dont get a QB, this draft I can see Tennessee letting Locker prove himself for 1 more year and bringing back Fitzpatrick for 1 more year also, Next Years QBs could be good, Mariota, Hundley, Hackenburg(Im a Penn State Guy).

Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    When new regimes and new coaching staffs come into a situation, a lot of the times they want "their guy" at quarterback. With Lockers inability to stay healthy and on the field, it only seems to make sense that Whiz would use his first draft pick to obtain a player at the most important position and one more talented than anything he had in the desert (outside of warner). I don't think any of the big three make it to us but if Minnesota doesn't reach for Derek Carr, I think we will take a long look and him and possibly select him. He has been labeled "the most talented quarterback" in this draft.

vCash
    I'd take a chance on Mettenberger round 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnocOnYoBloc View Post
    I'd take a chance on Mettenberger round 4
    Mettenberger is the 4th would be amazing value, the kid was being discussed as a 1st round pick in the middle of the season. I doubt he makes it that far down the draft tho.

vCash
    Sucks we don't have a 3rd rounder.

vCash
    Anyone think that a team would give us a 3rd for CJ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killthesux View Post
    Anyone think that a team would give us a 3rd for CJ?
    Nope, not with his massive contract. Probably a 5th at best.

vCash
    I think we would be wise to see what draft picks we could get back in potential deals for both CJ and Locker. Neither figure into the future plans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVA_Titan View Post
    I think we would be wise to see what draft picks we could get back in potential deals for both CJ and Locker. Neither figure into the future plans.
    I dont think Locker is gunna get traded

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killthesux View Post
    I dont think Locker is gunna get traded
    I don't know that either will get traded but if I view Locker as the more moveable piece right now. Another team would be more likely to deal, maybe a 4th, in exchange for a talented young quarterback on a team friendly deal who has shown progression and improvement over his three years but has also struggled to stay healthy rather than a diva running back who demands 8 million a year but one who will barely break 1,000 yards rushing and will continue to blame anyone but himself for his lack of success. Think about it guys.