Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Luol Deng's off-season destination

When the Bulls beat Deng and the Cavs this off-season, he went on to say in the post-game conference that he has to consider the Bulls this off-season because of the ten great years he spent there and because it's been home for so long with so many familiar faces. Take it as a joke or take it seriously - you won't be seeing Deng in a Bulls uniform next season but will you see him as a part of the Cavaliers? My guess at this point is no. I was high on the trade for the Cavs when they made it. Guys like Irving, Thompson, Waiters, Bennett - all young guys and add a guy like Deng. That's not bad, especially since two of those guys are high quality players and Waiters is a good 6th man. But that team is a mess, Irving is no leader. Waiters is another DaJuan Wagner and Bennett is a horrible pick. Deng will leave ....but where to? What team will have the space to sign him? He'll be looking for a Josh Smith type of contract this off-season and what teams can offer that? Do you see any potential sign-and-trades in the work?

vCash
    I think he could put a team like the Hawks over the top. They should have about $11M in cap space this summer, along with a core of Horford, Millsap, Teague, Korver, and Lou Williams already under contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I think he could put a team like the Hawks over the top. They should have about $11M in cap space this summer, along with a core of Horford, Millsap, Teague, Korver, and Lou Williams already under contract.
    I don't think he will take less than 13. Garpax offered him 10 and he said no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Over the top of what? They'd be relying on other teams getting injured just to make it to the ECF with that lineup.

vCash
    Phoenix will have cap space, and they are the team that drafted him originally. Deng-Bledsoe-Dragic is not bad, but they won't win especially in the west if they can't add big men.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    Over the top of what? They'd be relying on other teams getting injured just to make it to the ECF with that lineup.
    I think whenever you have a chance to build a contender and not be paying luxury tax every year, its worth it even if you are banking on luck or injuries. Almost none of their salaries are back end rising contracts. All of their contracts are either flat or actually lessen as time goes on. They can put together a nice team that will be a top 3 seed for the next 3-4 years and never pay 1 cent in the tax.

vCash
    We'd need to see a full list of teams with cap space this summer to make a serious guess

vCash
    Could he sign with the Bulls. I thought there was some rule that he couldn't sign for a year. maybe that's just amnestied players

vCash
    Phx or LA are the two teams that have always wanted Deng. No way he stays in CLE Mike Brown has no idea how to use him or anyone apparently. And I can't imagine he enjoys watching Irving and Waiters lack of effort on the defensive side.

vCash
    I wonder if he actually gets traded again near the dealine...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBullsGo View Post
    Phoenix will have cap space, and they are the team that drafted him originally. Deng-Bledsoe-Dragic is not bad, but they won't win especially in the west if they can't add big men.
    Whilst Deng to the Suns would make sense, I'm guessing that if McDonough was really interested in Deng he would have traded Okafor's expiring insured contract to the Bulls for Deng prior to the Bynum-Deng trade.

vCash
    He should sign with the Spurs in the offseason. He's the Bowen that they've been missing the last few yrs.

vCash
    DisneyWorld

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBullsGo View Post
    Plumlee is an animal, and Len is a project

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post
    Plumlee is an animal, and Len is a project
    Plus who ever they draft with all their picks Suns are a team to keep an eye on I'm very happy for their future it looks bright no pun intended.

Deng would be a great addition to that team though great defensive wings and when used right very useful offensively. He's not the player he was years ago he's had to change his game because he can't really shoot anymore. He gets hot some times and gets that money mid range game but now he scores off cutting and in the post. CLE apparently isn't very aware of any of this but I think Deng on and off the court would be great for the young guys in and coming into that organization.

Every time a rookie would get drafted in Chicago they would always say during the season their best friend on the team is Deng. He really likes to teach the younger guys how to be a professional athlete and there aren't many people in this game that are as big of a role model as Deng. In my opinion a young team looking to compete would be very smart getting Deng. I don't believe CLE is right for him with just the lack of effort shown by that team on defense. Mike Brown has turned out to be an awful signing shocker! But a defensive minded coach and his players don't even show effort is just sad. They should have gone after Skiles granted he's not a long term coach but he's great with the young players Deng and Hinrich benefited greatly having him when they came into the league.
    Last edited by Rndy; 01-28-2014 at 12:24 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast