Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

End of January Gamethread

Sorry for missing Saturday's game. I think from now on, due to lack of general posting, I'm only going to do two threads a month, one for the beginning and one for the end.

Anyway, for the last two games this month, we have the Sabres at home tonight and then hit the road for a Thursday night game in LA.

Tonight should be an easy 2 points but we've been a bit too up and down lately for my liking, so you never really know. The Kings should be a good game, that'll be a fun one to watch
    Let's Go Pens! - Only 14 More Wins

vCash
    Well, last night was the kind of showing I was looking/hoping for. Scored a few, and Fleury shut the door for his 4th shutout this year.

A few fun facts after last night's game:

- Crosby leads the league in points (74) and assists (47)
    - Niskanen leads the league in +/- (29) followed by Kunitz with (26)
    - Fleury leads the league in wins with (29)

vCash
    According to Bylsma, Bennett is roughly 3-4 weeks away. Considering the first game after the Olympic break is approximately 1 month away, I'd say that's a good bet for when he will return

vCash
    Missed the opening few minutes but after 1 period, can you really ask for a better start? Early lead and they pulled Quick

vCash
    Went to bed after Sutter scored, putting us up 4-1. Sure enough, woke up this morning hoping we held on, heard on the FAN that the game ended 4-1. I know the Kings have had their offensive struggles lately and Quick wasn't in top form last night, but to beat a team as good as them, having our backup in, is a good sign

vCash
    we looked ok only saw first period because of work but was a good win. added bonus one of my best friends is a kings fan
    find some discipline and work ethic