Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Game 54: Edmonton Oilers (16-32-6) @ Vancouver Canucks (27-17-9) - January 27, 2014

EDMONTON OILERS @ VANCOUVER CANUCKS

Sunday: January 27th, 2014 @ 7:00 PM PT
    TV: SNET-P, RADIO: Team 1040

GM PLACE

TEAM LEADERS

Code:
                        Vancouver:               Edmonton:
    Goals:              Ryan Kesler - 18         David Perron - 19
    Assists:            Henrik Sedin - 31        Taylor Hall - 32
    Plus/Minus:         Dan Hamhuis - 11         Ryan Jones - 2
    PIM:                Tom Sestito - 167        Luke Gazdic -78
    GOALTENDER COMPARISON

VS
    Ilya Bryzgalov...Roberto Luongo

16...GPI...37
    3.30...GAA...2.23
    .901...SV%....922
    1...SO...3

---------------------------------

PREDICTIONS:

Winner:

Final score:

GWG Scored in:

First Star:

GUESTS SIGN UP HERE!!!

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    Still trying to get over the shock of scoring 5 goals last night

vCash
    Perron x2

vCash
    Schroeder x2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Schroeder x2

vCash
    Hey Canucks! Could someone other than Schroeder please score now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Hey Canucks! Could someone other than Schroeder please score now?
    nope. This team is becoming extremely hard to watch, yet oddly i find myself watching this train wreck of a team every game. 3rd worst power play and no one on the team can score a goal. Even Schroeder's goals were flukey. But, at least this team can fight and get game misconducts!

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    nope. This team is becoming extremely hard to watch, yet oddly i find myself watching this train wreck of a team every game. 3rd worst power play and no one on the team can score a goal. Even Schroeder's goals were flukey. But, at least this team can fight and get game misconducts!
    Right on MG!! In 2010 we won by getting the other team into the box. By 2014 we perfected losing by getting ourselves into the box.

vCash
    Stat that summarizes everything up:

Daniel Sedin: No goals in last 13 games. Alex Burrows: No goals in 22 games. Ryan Kesler: One goal in last 9 games. #Canucks
    Problem with Burrows is he's a Sedin product. Considering the Sedins aren't doing anything, neither is Burrows. Kesler leads the league in TOI so maybe he's starting to breakdown.. or maybe he just doens't have anyone good on his line.

<3

vCash
    Those people that slow down on the highway to get a good look at the gruesome crash that just happened...I'm one of those people now. I can't stop looking at the mess the Canucks are in. I find myself groaning when they get a PP...I'm bored stupid watching this tired team, yet I can't stop. HASN'T ANYONE ELSE NOTICED that David (Buy Out Or Trade Him) Booth can't even complete a pass????? He won't hit...he can't shoot straight...he is the quintessential comPLETE waste of time and money...what a disaster he is!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandgreen View Post
    Those people that slow down on the highway to get a good look at the gruesome crash that just happened...I'm one of those people now. I can't stop looking at the mess the Canucks are in. I find myself groaning when they get a PP...I'm bored stupid watching this tired team, yet I can't stop. HASN'T ANYONE ELSE NOTICED that David (Buy Out Or Trade Him) Booth can't even complete a pass????? He won't hit...he can't shoot straight...he is the quintessential comPLETE waste of time and money...what a disaster he is!!!!
    Why the hell did he decline so quickly? how can he go from a 30 goal scorer to someone that can't even pass a puck or attempt a shot? Obviously had concussion issues and maybe he's not totally past that. idk.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandgreen View Post
    Why the hell did he decline so quickly? how can he go from a 30 goal scorer to someone that can't even pass a puck or attempt a shot? Obviously had concussion issues and maybe he's not totally past that. idk.
    The weird thing is, this was talked about in the Florida papers when the Canucks were thinking of trading for him. The local media here have completely sucked in their coverage if the Canucks for years. They continue to lob softball questions at MG even when it's obvious to everyone that he's floundering as a GM.

As you guys know I have not been a big fan of this core since Gillis decided to go with them all. The medias angle will be that the window is closing and they're all declining. I call BS on that. They never had what it took and Gillis pinned his hopes on the wrong players, to this day not realizing his miscalculation.
    Last edited by ink; 01-29-2014 at 01:11 AM.