Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NBA Draft

vCash

2014 NBA Draft

I was planning to hold off on this thread after they traded for Deng, but it's looking like the same old story with this pathetic franchise. At this point I don't see the Cavs making the playoffs, nor grabbing a top pick in the 2014 draft. But they will most likely grab a lottery pick so who do you think the smartest man in the world will select in the 2014 draft? Or more importantly, who would you select 1-5, 6-10, 11-15?
    #FireMikeBrown

vCash
    I think they might have a shot a Smart. It's hard to predict though. I feel like smarty pants GM Chris Grant might make some panic trades to ooze into the crappy eastern conference to appease our mouthy owner Dan Gilbert. Maybe they'll trade there top 2014 pick for overrated Evan Turner? That would be ideal! #sarcasm
    In all seriousness I see the Cavs with a late lotto pick, and blowing that pick because Chris Grant is the GM. Part of the problem with firing Grant, is that this fiscal parasite is tied to every move you've made up to this point. So previous selections may feel like they don't belong. Fortunately, no one belongs right now so I could care less who isn't and is on this franchise going forward.
    #FireMikeBrown

vCash
    With Deng most likely leaving and LeBron out of the question, I could see Aaron Gordon as a likely pick. Right now, if the chips fell as is the Cavs draft 8th overall.

Here's info on Gordon: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Aaron-Gordon-6458/
    #FireMikeBrown

vCash
    I hate being like the Kings and Bobcats but we are....
    #FireMikeBrown

vCash
    If we end up in the lottery again I don't think you have to worry about Grant making the pick.

vCash
    Please no not this thread already. Haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    With Deng most likely leaving and LeBron out of the question
    No proof to either notion...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BornInOhio View Post
    No proof to either notion...
    There's an article going around suggesting LeBron is not going back to Cleveland. Why would he? They stink. If the Cavs don't make the playoffs I would not be surprised to see Deng leave. Even if they do make the playoffs I could see Deng leaving. How's the Kool Aid? Yours must be spiked.
    #FireMikeBrown

vCash
    Can we just make this a Prospect talking thread kind of like we had last year and not a lets start doing NBA mock drafts haha in January?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Can we just make this a Prospect talking thread kind of like we had last year and not a lets start doing NBA mock drafts haha in January?
    I want to hear Carls analysis on West Virginia prospects that should be taken #1.
    #FireMikeBrown

vCash
    Here you go on Deng as he would be open to returning to the Bulls. http://www.givemesport.com/423203-lu...o-bulls-return

The only way I see Deng staying is if this team makes the playoffs and progress is made as a team. Why would Deng want to return to this mess? Now of course the Cavs could offer him a max deal. But that may not be enough.
    #FireMikeBrown

vCash

2014 NBA Draft

The one player I'm starting to keep a close eye on is Rodney Hood. I haven't seen too much of him, anything I should be looking for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    The one player I'm starting to keep a close eye on is Rodney Hood. I haven't seen too much of him, anything I should be looking for?
    Actually watched him Saturday against FSU but he was sick so wasn't at 100%. Seems to be improving his perimeter game a lot but has a slender body and has trouble going to his right where Coach K sets him up nonstop off picks moving to his left. Good penetrator on the NCAA level but needs to add some mass where I see him more of a 2 than a 3 as he kind of has a body like Karasev but even more slender to my eye than even Karasev at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Me too! I've seen a few Duke games and he looks good. I think he's averaging 20 points per game. He's playing SG, but he's 6'8 and could be a solution at SF
    #FireMikeBrown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Here you go on Deng as he would be open to returning to the Bulls. http://www.givemesport.com/423203-lu...o-bulls-return

The only way I see Deng staying is if this team makes the playoffs and progress is made as a team. Why would Deng want to return to this mess? Now of course the Cavs could offer him a max deal. But that may not be enough.
    Just gonna say that I have heard rumblings that the Bulls could be setting up to make a run at Melo in the offseason. Just a thing I heard though so don't know how much traction but they could possibly have the money if they let Boozer go (amnesty).

I don't see Deng going back to the Bulls unless Tibs sells him that good and he only wants 11-12 mill. Cavs will offer around 13-15 mill IMO and you would have to imagine that would be his best MONEY offer. Whether he takes the most money though or not is the question and still whether or not Cleveland will offer that much or how many years. TOO MANY QUESTIONS AT THIS TIME.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast