Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

What kind of package could the Pacers get for Danny Granger? Should they Trade him?

The Pacers are in a very unique situation. Danny Granger, no longer the face of the franchise after the emergence of Paul George, has become expendable for the Pacers.

The Pacers have their core locked and will give Lance Stephenson who is averaging 14.2 points, 5 assists, and 7 rebounds a game is due for a raise this season.

Granger is an attractive trade piece because he is a serviceable, talented player with an expiring $14MM contract.

Should the Pacers trade him? What could they get for him?
    Last edited by xabial; 01-26-2014 at 05:19 PM.

vCash
    His back to back injuries will hurt his value big time. It will tough to deal him if they don't want to take back a contract. Cause a first and an expiring is too much.

vCash
    honestly if i'm larry bird, i have the best record in the nba and a great bench. granger scoring 12 ppg off the bench can be a huge difference in the playoffs. they're gonna need all they can get to win the chip and they aint getting better by trading him.

vCash
    Lets take one of the best teams in the NBA and trade one of its important pieces....can you please become the GM of all of my rivals
    If you can read this your driving to close

vCash
    I don't think we can trade him for anyone that would give us a better shot in the playoffs, without taking back salary that would virtually guarantee Stephenson leaving in the summer. The Pacers could really use a defensive PF/C, and you can pick up a vet like that for the minimum near the deadline. I would trade some wing depth (combination Orlando Johnson, Solomon Hill, and/or Granger) for someone like Jordan Hill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    Lets take one of the best teams in the NBA and trade one of its important pieces....can you please become the GM of all of my rivals
    Without Granger they still had the best record in the NBA. With a core of Roy Hibbert/Danny Granger/David West/George Hill/Lance Stephenson they have one of the deepest teams in the NBA. They took Miami to 7 games without Danny Granger. He's not "untouchable", if your going to lose the guy to free agency after this year at least get something for him, if your still a contender with/without him.

Granger is not known for his defense, he's a bit injury prone, and he's already 30 years old. Don't keep Granger for 1 year only to let him walk, unless you plan on resigning him at a discount which is unlikely since Danny Granger is used to making $12MM-$14MM per year. If you resign him it will put the Pacers into deep luxury tax territory and personally I think his signing will hurt this team in the long run since Granger is turning 31 next season, and is really injury prone.

I'd rather trade his expiring for draft picks to a contender who wants to contend, or trade him for a position of need. (I think a Backup Center would be really helpful to have insurance for Roy Hibbert, but most fans I've seen say they a distributing PG as well)

They CAN let him expire going for it all this year, instead of trying to trade him for draft picks/ and/or a position of need. Still trading him helps this team more than keeping him.

vCash
    If he's willing to continue playing off the bench I don't see Indiana moving him.

vCash
    The only way I see Indiana trading Granger is if they get back another expiring player that they think can help them more than Granger for the next playoff run. The truth of the matter is Granger's expiring $$ is more than likely going to go towards retaining Lance Stephenson, so I doubt they'd trade him for another player that's on a longer contract.

vCash
    They won't move him.They need everything that is avalaible to have a championship run in the playoffs!

vCash
    He's still my favourite player in the league so I'll gladly give Evan, Spence or Thad for him.

vCash
    I don't see how they can get better short term by trading him. They have a lot of depth already and Granger has proved he can light it up.

vCash
    30 year old expiring walking injury.

Probably can net a solid player (s) for a rebuilding team that needs to cut cap. But Indiana doesn't strike me as the type of team who would take on salary.

vCash
    They need more 3 pt shooting. I say give the Lakers Granger and 1st rounder for Gasol and Meeks.

vCash
    Trade him for Shawn Marion. Marion guarded Lebron in the finals and shut him down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    They need more 3 pt shooting. I say give the Lakers Granger and 1st rounder for Gasol and Meeks.
    Hahaha yea right LA isn't getting that type of deal from the pacers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast