Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Draft Position Of The Week: Wide Receiver

Just like our free agent of the day. I figured each week we can discuss a new position in the draft. Lately there has been a lot of talk about WR going early and if we need one. I figured that's a good place to start.

My idea is that we post a prospect or prospect we really like. The name, maybe the link to his CBS or NFL Draft Scout profile. A link to his stats. And whatever YouTube info there is. As well as our opinion on said player. Kind of just a little profile page post.

Though don't let that avoid discussion further what we think the need at WR is or isn't.

I'll start:

Odell Beckham WR LSU

NFL Draft Scout: Projected Round 1-2,

Height: 5 11
    Weight: 196
    Projected 40: 4.38

Career Stats Link

Season Stats: 59 recs 1152 yards 8 TDs. 9 yard per punt return. 26 per kick.

HS Scout Profile

4 Full Game YouTube Links

Twitter

To me, Beckham is half Jennings and half Cobb, that's just my feel on him. I think he can be a Jennings replacement and be a Cobb like player if he was hurt again. Absolute YAC monster. Quality returnman so we don't play Cobb there. If we snagged him in R2 I would be a happen man.

vCash
    Looks like a pretty serious dude

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Looks like a pretty serious dude
    My only issue is his route running is tremendous just yet. His hips are definitely not like Greg's or Randall's, a bit stiffer. Really like him though.

You got a WR you like?

FWIW, I'll add some more of these WRs later. With no football I'm quite bored today and I'm not motivated to do anything else today.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    I love Beckham, he is my man crush of this years draft.
    Eddie Lacy

Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

vCash
    Here is an interesting prospect that I looked at the other day and posted my thoughts in my prospect thread.

Matt Hazel WR Coastal Carolina

Height: 6'0 7/8

Here is some videos from Draft Breakdown

I really want to see what kind of 40 he runs. He looks like a Jarrett Boykin type receiver
    Eddie Lacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Just like our free agent of the day. I figured each week we can discuss a new position in the draft. Lately there has been a lot of talk about WR going early and if we need one. I figured that's a good place to start.

My idea is that we post a prospect or prospect we really like. The name, maybe the link to his CBS or NFL Draft Scout profile. A link to his stats. And whatever YouTube info there is. As well as our opinion on said player. Kind of just a little profile page post.

Though don't let that avoid discussion further what we think the need at WR is or isn't.

I'll start:

Odell Beckham WR LSU

NFL Draft Scout: Projected Round 1-2,

Height: 5 11
    Projected 40: 4.38

Career Stats Link

Season Stats: 59 recs 1152 yards 8 TDs. 9 yard per punt return. 26 per kick.

HS Scout Profile

4 Full Game YouTube Links

Twitter

To me, Beckham is half Jennings and half Cobb, that's just my feel on him. I think he can be a Jennings replacement and be a Cobb like player if he was hurt again. Absolute YAC monster. Quality returnman so we don't play Cobb there. If we snagged him in R2 I would be a happen man.

Id be shocked if he makes it out of the first round...I would bet he is on a lot of teams radar.I have seen quite a bit of him..he is as you say.Has top 20 written all over him...maybe top 10 with a good combine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michguy1235 View Post
    Id be shocked if he makes it out of the first round...I would bet he is on a lot of teams radar.I have seen quite a bit of him..he is as you say.Has top 20 written all over him...maybe top 10 with a good combine.
    I kind of said the same thing about Cobb. I thought we had to take him at 32 and if not we could only trade back a little. But he slipped to 64.

FWIW, as it stands now, I think we could trade back and get him at around the 40s. Though I'm not NFL scout. Just my POV. But I won't fight you on him going earlier. I def do not think he's top 10 material at all though. Watkins should be the only one that goes that high. Then Benji and Lee should be round 20ish. My take anyway.

Who are your WRs you like? Not trying to make this just a Beckham thread.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    A receiver i like as a late 2 to 3rd is Davante Adams big physical receiver with some room to improve,good hands and would help in run blocking...his size and strength could make him a match up nightmare against smaller corners.

vCash
    I would also say i like Brandin Cooks fits in that same mold a cobb would quick very good athlete and runs nice routes...also think he could be a that could return kicks.And should be available in the second round area

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I kind of said the same thing about Cobb. I thought we had to take him at 32 and if not we could only trade back a little. But he slipped to 64.

FWIW, as it stands now, I think we could trade back and get him at around the 40s. Though I'm not NFL scout. Just my POV. But I won't fight you on him going earlier. I def do not think he's top 10 material at all though. Watkins should be the only one that goes that high. Then Benji and Lee should be round 20ish. My take anyway.

Who are your WRs you like? Not trying to make this just a Beckham thread.
    Yeah very possible..I will say the value at receiver may be slightly down because teams are so desperate to find guys on de who can be play makers who can slow down the offensive minded nfl,which would allow receiver's to slip through the cracks a bit.

vCash
    I would also say i like Brandin Cooks fits in that same mold a cobb would quick very good athlete and runs nice routes...also think he could be a that could return kicks.And should be available in the second round area
    Cooks smells like a pure slot guy to me. I don't mind him, but I see people compare him to Steve Smith and I don't get it.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    A receiver i like as a late 2 to 3rd is Davante Adams big physical receiver with some room to improve,good hands and would help in run blocking...his size and strength could make him a match up nightmare against smaller corners.
    Haven't seen a lick of this guy. I'll take a look at some point. Thanks man.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    A guy I liked from a limited amount of stuff I have been able to find of him is:

TJ Jones WR ND

Height: 5'11
    Weight: 190

Eddie Lacy

vCash
    Enough of these small receivers. We need a big wideout and a threat in the end zone.

Green Bay Packers
    Phoenix Suns
    Phoenix Coyotes
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    UofA Wildcats
    Real Madrid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
    Enough of these small receivers. We need a big wideout and a threat in the end zone.
    Our offense is based a lot around YAC. It's why we draft the guys we draft and not just big huge guys. How many WRs over 6 2 have we even drafted with Ted? One?

There has to be a reason. I think we value YAC and being able to play all over. Though we all drool for that true #1

Yeah...it's that bad.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast