Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Really Hoping for a Leafs-Habs Playoff Series

.....even though it is very unlikely that either Boston and Tampa Bay will drop to the 4 spot. It's been too long this they've played and it would be great fun if it was a bona fide playoff rivalry again.

vCash
    I'm just glad we're out of the 4 spot right now... Looking at Boston at #1 is scaring me about another first round matchup.

vCash
    I'm with you. That series would be crazy

vCash
    I want Boston to be honest. You gotta go after the bear. After what happened last playoffs beating them is the only way we put it all behind us. We're gonna have to go through them anyways if we want it all. May as well be round 1 when most teams are the healthiest/freshest.

vCash
    I'm fine with any team but Boston or Pittsburgh

vCash
    Leafs have put up a good fight against Pittsburgh though and have them in physicality, Boston and the Rangers are teams I think that can put us out quick.

vCash
    Just to be clear, I'm not saying I want the Habs necessarily because I think it would be a sure win (but certainly better odds than Boston) but because it could be an instant classic just because of the teams involved. Who wouldn't want that?

vCash
    God yes. At the same time, for the first time in many years, I've been rooting for the Maple Leafs to lose every single game. Obviously it has to do with the playoff hunt with the Red Wings. As a hockey fan, I love watching the Leafs. Their style is so exciting. You watch them, and you'll get a sloppyness, but the Leafs force the opponents to play their style. Montreal follows that. Basically you'd get exciting rushes end-to-end, and 5-4 games. I love that style. It's my guilty pleasure. I honestly don't mean this in a bad way as much as it sounds.

vCash
    Now I want the Wings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Now I want the Wings.
    Rivalry would be massive in Ontario. It's funny seeing all of the Red Wings fans in Ontario from 08' rooting for other teams again. Detroit just doesn't play an excting style anymore. Toronto does. The first Toronto/Detroit game is an example of Toronto's run and gun style. I personally love it. Pittsburgh plays a similar way too at times.

vCash
    Going to school in Windsor, there's definitely a hated rivalry between the fans lol. Every day is a constant battle between Leafs and Wings and it's probably a 60-40 split just from the people I know.

vCash
    I wouldn't want Detroit living in Michigan. If we lost like we did to Boston, I'd never talk to any of my friends again.

I'd play anyone else without fear. This team can beat anyone (if they play well)

vCash
    We have beaten the top 3 teams in the conference and last years defending champs so no reason we can't at least go 6 games against anybody

vCash
    We might get it. Leafs would play Tbay if the playoffs started tomorrow but if the Leaf can keep up the pace and Montreal beats out Tbay then we have our big series.