Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dennis Hickey hired as GM

News just broke...

vCash
    I'm happy, the bucs remind me of the cheifs. A lot of talent just qb problems. Vjax move, Doug Martin, Revis movie, McCoy, David. That roster has play makers, the 2012 draft with all their trades to land 3 stud players. I'm going to do a little more research into their drafts but I'm happy with the hire.
    Last edited by oconn444; 01-26-2014 at 11:20 AM.

vCash

2012(3) Football Season. Bring It. (Let's Go.)

vCash
    Is it too late to bring Jeff Ireland back?

2012(3) Football Season. Bring It. (Let's Go.)

vCash
    actually quite shocked at this hiring. Hickey must have wanted to be back in the NFL in a bad way to jump at this job. But we'll see how it goes. I'm not a fan of the Greg Schiano hiring a couple years ago, but he did get TB some decent talent in drafts. I'm just glad its over with, and I am happy we got someone with some experience as well. Wonder what happens to Gaine now? Does he stay on knowing he was bypassed for a promotion?

vCash
    Meh...

Schefter also reported that both Nick Cesario and Lake Dawson turned us down today and that's after Ray Farmer turned us down three days ago so I guess Hickey was plan D or E. Which is why I'm not that happy but we'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    Meh...

Schefter also reported that both Nick Cesario and Lake Dawson turned us down today and that's after Ray Farmer turned us down three days ago so I guess Hickey was plan D or E. Which is why I'm not that happy but we'll see.
    Don't forget the 4 guys who would not even take a interview LOL...

We hired a guy who had been with a team for 18 years and was not even interviewed for his own teams GM position. Think about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Don't forget the 4 guys who would not even take a interview LOL...

We hired a guy who had been with a team for 18 years and was not even interviewed for his own teams GM position. Think about that.
    I wasn't even going to say that b/c I want to try to be positive today........but that's exactly what I was thinking.

And 7 candidates turned us down......that we know about.....maybe more......for 1 of only 2 GM job openings in the league......that's messed up.

vCash
    idk much on gm's so i guess i can only judge on his draft picks which have been good i think lol i heard he also won a super bowl so thats a positive right ?
    Players MIAMI Missed On That I Suggested To Draft But didnt

Navarro Bowman
    Sean Lee
    Stefen Wisniewski
    Luke Kuechly
    Russell Wilson
    Janoris Jenkins
    Mychal Kendricks
    Larry Warford
    Marcus Lattimore
    Vontaze Burfict
    Jason Demache (only cause same hometown)

Players I HOPE we Draft

Erik Lora WR
    Terrence West RB
    Shane Skov MLB
    Taylor Lewan OT
    Ra'Shede Hagemon DT
    Darqueze Dennard CB

vCash
    I wanted Caserio or Farmer or Dawson.

Oh well. Welcome Hickey, hope you bring us success.

vCash
    We must hope that he is at least better than Ireland because he is going to be here for at least a few years I bet... He could very well be but right now it's a bad hire.

vCash
    The way they handled Josh Freeman was a disaster but that might've been more on Schiano and Dominik.

Btw, anyone know if Hickey was at the Senior Bowl? Maybe not if he wasn't employed by anyone, did TB release him at the end of the season?

Seems like Bucs have had a good eye for RBs (Blount, Doug Martin, Mike James) which is good since I assume we'll be drafting RB help. But it's just tough to know who really made the calls in TB - Dominik or Hickey.
    Last edited by Sparky; 01-26-2014 at 12:23 PM.

vCash
    No he was still with Tampa but a lot thought they where going to fire him in a month of two.

Also sounds like Gaine is going to leave pretty soon at some point being he knows he isn't getting promoted any time soon. Good thing Philbin was at the Senior Bowl... oh wait. LOL sorry had to go there :P

vCash
    Why the **** do we always get turned down...

This is embarrassing.

vCash
    Just when i thought i heard the last of HATE for a Dolphins GM, we already have people in this forum barking AGAIN! give it a rest

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast