Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

If the NHL season ended today, who is your Veizina Trophy Winner?

If the season were to end today IMO the leading candidates would be Tuukka Rask and Ben Bishop and those two would be pretty far ahead of the next potential candidate.

If I had to pick, however, I think Bishop would end up with the slight edge over Rask. For as impressive as Rask has been this season, Bishop has been just as impressive and Bishop has really turned the Lightning into strong Eastern Conference and Stanley Cup contenders. In 38 starts, Bishop leads all goalies with 30+ starts with an eye opening 1.96 GAA along with a .934 S%. He's given up only 72 goals in his 38 games which is the least amount given up for goalies with 30+ starts, 6 less than Rask.

Obviously there is still a quite a bit of hockey to go so this is just hypothetically speaking if the season ended today.

If for another reason...I'm bored just sitting here at work and taking s break from homework,

vCash
    I could see Lundy keepin his play up and ending te season with some real crazy numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    I could see Lundy keepin his play up and ending te season with some real crazy numbers.
    I agree here. I was completely shocked with how the season started out with him but it really all wasn't his fault. When it comes to goaltending, and we are witnessing this with Rask, you can have the greatest goalie in the world, but if you play poor in front of him, he is going to struggle at times.

The defense in front of him has improved and you could tell it took some time for the Rangers to really buy into AV's system and it took time to become comfortable with it.

Many of my hockey friends who are Rangers fans were pissing me off though...all the trash talk they were giving Lundqvist...one day he's the greatest in the world and then the next day he's a bum...are you kidding me>?