Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 106 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Official Trade/FA Thread of 2013-2014 Part II

All Free Agency and Trade news and proposals go in this thread.

Well that other thread lasted for over a 100 pages with some epic trades but the real question is can this sequel ever match the original?

vCash
    Sure we can match it:

Let's trade Everybody for Everybody!

vCash
    It's time to start making & accepting phone calls about Chandler. The things that he does well, he doesn't do them well enough for us not trade him. Chandler is one of our few pieces that have good trade value. We can use Chandler to unload one of our unwanted contracts, obtain some draft picks, or anything that contributes to improving our situation for the future..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    I'm not sure OKC does this but a trade of Chandler + for Jackson + Perkins + Jones + pick would be good for both teams. I would personally then trade Jackson + Shumpert + Amare to Boston for Rondo + Wallace

vCash
    If we get R. Jackson we wont gonna trade him for Rondo (injury prone, older, more expensive and not scorer) Jackson + Melo is our Westbrook + Durant version.

lets call detroit Bargs + Beno + Shumpert for Charlie Villanueva + Greg Monroe + Peyton Siva

Its a dream but a Jackson, THJr and Monroe plus Melo is a good young core to start rebuild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    It's time to start making & accepting phone calls about Chandler. The things that he does well, he doesn't do them well enough for us not trade him. Chandler is one of our few pieces that have good trade value. We can use Chandler to unload one of our unwanted contracts, obtain some draft picks, or anything that contributes to improving our situation for the future..
    -----------------

I completely agree. Tyson is not having enough of a positive impact on the defensive/rebounding ends that would make up for how much he hurts us offensively.

It's like we are playing 4 vs. 5 on offense. The defense can cheat and play accordingly. Our spacing is also horrendous when he is on the floor. TIME TO TRADE HIM

vCash
    And for those who think OKC is parting with Reggie, get real. If anything, OKC is even more inclined to keep him after realizing how vital he is if there's a chance Westbrook (or even Durant) is out.

I do agree though a move for a point guard needs to be made. In my mind, everyone is expendable except for Melo and THJ.

Shumpert is a joke and a perennial under-achiever. And to think, he was luring some trade bait for Rondo after his injury last year. Psh I wish!

vCash
    OKC cannot afford to pay Jackson dude. Same situation with DET and Monroe.

vCash
    Melo will have an opportunity to play alongside Rose and Noah under coach Thibodeau next season. If he remains with the Knicks he can look forward to playing with Chandler under coach Woodson. It's a no brainer. If we want to keep him here we need to add another star by the deadline or this offseason. I don't see that happening.

vCash
    NYK: Prince and Davis
    MEM: Bargnani and Udrih

Memphis was interested in Ryan Anderson and behind Conley they do not have a point guard. Bargnani is a comparable player and Udrih can be a serviceable backup. Plus Memphis add some much needed offensive weapons as they compete for that final playoff spot.

vCash
    We are not getting Jackson. Ultimately OKC won't be able to re-sign Jackson, but they don't have to worry about that this year. I would do a trade with OKC but I would focus on getting draft picks from them rather than causing them to hang up the phone because we are asking for Jackson. I can see Perkins, Draft pick(s), and some of their other talent..

vCash
    Knicks get: Kaman & Blake
    Lakers: j.R Smith & Udrih

We then look to move Tyson..

vCash
    The Mavericks are definitely in need of a center, what do you guys think would be a fair deal for Tyson?

vCash
    Dallas is another good potential partner in the mold of OKC - we can take back a lesser stopgap (Perkins or Dalembert) while stealing an asset or two (Lamb/Perry Jones or Shane Larkin).
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thats critical. Hes one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.

vCash
    Portland could possibly be willing to deal for Tyson..

Page 1 of 106 1231151101 ... LastLast