Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What will Carmelo do?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chicago Bulls

14 25.93%
  • New York Knicks

33 61.11%
  • South Beach, y'all.

0 0%
  • Lakers, Dawg! Deeeeerp.

4 7.41%
  • Kevin Garnett's Mansion with a Baseball Bat

3 5.56%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Carmelo May Join Chicago Bulls

I think it would be sour for him to leave the Knicks after that big game he had the other night, but here's a report. Take it with a grain of pepper. I haven't seen it brought up yet on here:

Source: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...artner=ya5nbcs

In the end, I still believe that Carmelo Anthony will be a New York Knick next season. When he surveys all his options, he will choose Manhattan, he will choose to go down as a Knicks’ legend.

But ‘Melo is going to look at his options closely. His amazing 62-point performance aside, the 16-27 Knicks’ struggles are clearly wearing on him — it doesn’t help the Knicks are largely locked into this same roster next season. The idea that ‘Melo could leave as a free agent this summer has shifted from “no way he leaves” to “he has to consider his options.”

Anthony knows those options and if he bolts he’s thinking about Chicago not Los Angeles, reports Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo Sports.

The losing, the decaying roster, has inspired ‘Melo to consider closely the possibilities of free agency this summer. Within the past several weeks, a longtime confidant of Carmelo Anthony confesses, something changed. Never did he believe there was a chance Anthony would leave the New York Knicks – never the Madison Square Garden stage, never the $129 million contract extension.

Only now, the gloom of the Knicks’ season – the uncertainty of the franchise’s future – left that man to believe it’s possible Anthony could leave New York in free agency.

“Chicago is much more in play for him than L.A.,” the source said.

While the Lakers will have the cap space and likely would have a conversation with Anthony, the interest on their end isn’t as strong as some rumors suggest. They understand that a Kobe Bryant/’Melo team, with not much around that pair (they will be over the cap and not able to spend much on role players) is not going far in a deep West, nor is it building for the long term. That doesn’t even touch on the fact they would need to change coaches again. Expect the Lakers to be more aggressive in 2015 and beyond when they can go after players such as Kevin Love.

The Bulls are a more interesting fit. Chicago will have the cap space to sign Anthony after the Luol Deng trade and if they amnesty Carlos Boozer as expected (plus make a couple other small moves).

If you are going to win a title with Anthony on your team you need a strong point guard who can make sure the workload is shared and Anthony doesn’t become a black hole. The Bulls have Derrick Rose. Your team also needs a strong team commitment to defense and a big who can erase mistakes, because while Anthony has tried harder on defense the last couple seasons he’s still not good. The Bulls are the prototype of team defense. You need to be able to play Anthony at the four, which Chicago could do. ‘Melo would be an interesting fit in Chi-town.

I’m still not sold that the Tom Thibodeau/Anthony marriage would go well. I’m not sold the Rose/Anthony marriage goes all that well. I’m certainly not sold Anthony wants to leave being the guy at the center of the New York spotlight. I’m not sure he wants to leave that max guaranteed year of salary on the table (the Knicks can offer five years, the Bulls just four).

But it sounds like Anthony is going to seriously consider that option.

vCash
    If I'm Chicago I stay away from Melo.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    i still dont see it, unless melo takes a huge paycut, bulls would have to amnesty boozer and trade Taj just to bring him in, that, and the bulls still need to afford Nikola Mirotic if they get rid of boozer. which he can demand whatevs he wants, prolly around 6 mil, cant see the bulls getting melo personaly.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Rose-Butler-Melo-Gibson (if not traded for cap)-Noah is a championship contending team. Very well rounded squad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    i still dont see it, unless melo takes a huge paycut, bulls would have to amnesty boozer and trade Taj just to bring him in, that, and the bulls still need to afford Nikola Mirotic if they get rid of boozer. which he can demand whatevs he wants, prolly around 6 mil, cant see the bulls getting melo personaly.
    Do they have Mirotics' bird rights?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post

Yes, they drafted him two years ago

vCash
    If Rose returns he'll never get to shoot the ball again.

Bulls would need to trade Gibson. Warriors would happily take him off your hands.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

vCash
    Why wouldn't Houston be a Option LMFAO. over the hill kobe, no. heat cant afford melo. no. brooklyn no cap. no. knicks? your joking right? no Chicago bulls with a injury prone Derrick Rose. and melo is gonna sign his name to that contact. no.

if he wants to WIN... I could see him going to Houston. or Thunder. even Pacers, if they amnesty Granger.

BRONCOS NEXT LINEBACKER ERA
    C.J MOSLEY + VON MILLER + DANNY TREVATHAN

vCash
    Doesn't make sense to me. At least the Knicks have cap room in a couple of years(Given the history, I'm actually surprised their management hasn't done anything to nullify that by pulling the trigger on some asinine trade) while the Bulls have no flexibility; gutting parts of the team just to make room. Is it really going to be a better scenario for him when it is all said and done? That is also not including the money that he will forfeit as well as the uncertainty that looms with Rose's future.

vCash
    First off, no clue if this can happen or if it will happen. The one thing I do know is this: for years now, ever since Rose became an MVP caliber player, everyone outside of Chicago has said the Bulls need another viable scoring option to become a contender. Carmelo is arguably the best scorer in the game. The Bulls should not even hesitate. If it is not clear to everyone that Carmelo has matured and is sick of losing, than you are not looking at the complete picture. Melo is probably the only person on that Knicks team that still gives a damn. Bring him to a team like Chicago, with a very underrated set-up man in Rose, Melo could still take as many shots as he wants, but could not really be doubled(assuming Rose can return to pre-injury form.) I dont know if it would or could work financially, but if they amnesty Booz and maybe trade away a guy like Dunleavy, that leaves the Bulls with this lineup next year:

1. Rose/ Augustin/Hinrich?
    2. Butler/Snell
    3. Anthony/FA
    4. Gibson/Rookie/Murphy
    5.Noah/FA/Rookie

That team can easily compete with anyone and it looks beneficial for both parties. Melo can still be trigger happy in Chicago, he would still be the man, and he would get paid the max, or damn near close to it.

Interesting side note...
    Lebron and Melo seem to be very good, close friends. Do you guys see any possible way Melo could take Bosh's spot in the Big 3? Put Melo at the 4, Haslem/Birdman/Rookie at the 5? Pat Riley is sneaky as hell, I could definitely see him trying to put something like this together to not only keep LBJ in South Beach, but to solidify Miami as the top team in the league

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Branwegner84 View Post
    Yes, they drafted him two years ago
    Mirotic can't demand anything. His salary will be the rookie scale amount for the #23 pick in the 2011 draft - $1.003m. They don't have his Bird rights because he hasn't even signed a contract, let alone 3+ seasons ago (which is what they'd need to have his Bird rights). The answer to the relevant question for this situation is that his salary (or at least a cap hold for the same amount, which is essentially the same thing) will count against their cap this offseason unless they agree in writing that he won't play next season. So his salary isn't much, but it will decrease any cap space they have.

vCash
    The notion that Melo and Rose can't play together is ridiculous. Rose is a scorer but he has great passing instincts especially off penetration and Melo is a great off the ball scorer hence why is usually the best player in international play.

Moreover in recent years Melo has shown a desire to pass and make teammates better. He is Also very good at passing off a double.

I think he and Rose would play great together similar to Westbrook and Durant.

Their supporting cast is Also superior in every way. Noah is imo the most impactful C in the game. Butler is a great defender and so is Gibson. That is a very balanced roster

Melo to the Bulls would be a great fit imo

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver-boy View Post
    Why wouldn't Houston be a Option LMFAO. over the hill kobe, no. heat cant afford melo. no. brooklyn no cap. no. knicks? your joking right? no Chicago bulls with a injury prone Derrick Rose. and melo is gonna sign his name to that contact. no.

if he wants to WIN... I could see him going to Houston. or Thunder. even Pacers, if they amnesty Granger.
    Joke smh
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Melo to the Bulls would make a lot of sense. I think Coach Thibs would make Melo a winner, the way Doc Rivers did for Paul Pierce. Great fit.

vCash
    It's his best move. Hope he doesn't come to LA

Wiggins-Mobile

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast