Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Indiana Pacers....welcome to the Wild Wild West!

Don't get me wrong, I think Indy is a great team, but I don't think they'd wanna play in the western conference, it's a grind every night, and they're finding out how tough it really is.

vCash
    You know they just beat the Clippers and the Warriors back to back like 4-5 days ago right?

Of course the Western Conference is tougher, but the Pacers are big boys. They can handle themselves. But you are right, the western conference is definitely a hell of a grind.
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 01-26-2014 at 03:30 AM.

vCash
    They'll end their road trip with a blowout victory Tuesday night in LA against the Lakers. I'll be a happy camper.

vCash
    I think it has a lot to do with some guys being worn out combined with the fact that these teams have seemed to shoot lights out. They haven't looked right defensively since the Warriors game. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost against the Lakers.

I would also like to add that we did go out west earlier in the year and went 2-1 in a trip including: LAC, SA, and OKC.

vCash
    OKC/SAS/GSW/HOU/POR are a combined 64-12 against the East. God they suck. The records would be even more hilariously unbalanced if they played each other equally.

vCash
    The western conference is tough, yes, but Indiana can hold their own. I think they might be the next team to win two straight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    The western conference is tough, yes, but Indiana can hold their own. I think they might be the next team to win two straight.
    Wouldn't necessarily disagree with this because they probably have a better chance than any other team to do it, but it's not likely. And if they played in the West, very unlikely.

I've grown pretty ****ing tired of the disparity in the last couple decades. Needs revamping.

vCash
    If Indiana was in the West and had to play against WCF teams so much, they wouldn't be top 5 in the West.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    If Indiana was in the West and had to play against WCF teams so much, they wouldn't be top 5 in the West.
    I don't buy this. Would you say the same about Miami?

vCash
    Right now Indiana are better than every team in the West aside from San Antonio and maybe Portland.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

vCash
    Of course they wouldn't want to play in the tougher conference, but worth noting that they're 12-4 against the West - the best winning percentage in the entire league.

vCash
    Well, yeah...of course their record would be worse if they were in the West. And of course they'd rather be in the East. That plays true for every EC team this year...because the gap is huge.

But, as said, they are 12-4 against WC teams. And there's no reason to question their greatness though. This thread is probably seeking to do just that. But, they're a more complete team this year than the last two years, and the last two year they gave the eventual champs a run for their money. I think they're more proven than any team out west aside from OKC and SAS. They aren't magically worse because of the conference they play in. Their record might be slightly inflated, but they are who they are, and that's a team that has shown it can go toe-to-toe with the league's best team consistently.

They might be a 3-4 seed in the West right now, but they aren't obviously or significantly worse than any of those 3-4 teams either. In a 7 game series, they can beat any team.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Its a Long road trip ... The Pacers need some resting they've been playing a lot in the past week or so

vCash
    sure their record would be slightly worse without all the cupcake east teams on the schedule, but they are still easily a top 5 team in the league

Grizz: 47-32 Titans: 7-9 UK BBall: 29-11 APSU BBall: 12-18
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    . They're 12-4 which is small sample but that's still .75 winning percentage if I'm not mistaken.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast