Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

2014 Mock GM Series #4: Who's Our Center?

Part four of this series addresses the OC position.

As GM, you have three options - 1. resign Roberto Garza to a 2 year, $6mil contract that is fully guaranteed 2. sign Brian De La Puente to a 5 year, $30 mil contract ($17mil guaranteed) or 3. draft Bryan Stork in the 2nd round.

You have to take one of the three options. So, what do you do and why?

vCash
    Garza. Then we can draft a guy like ikhard late. Garza is a gym rat and is rarely ever injured. He could hold up until 37. Riola just turned 35 and had his best year

our future

vCash
    Too many holes on defense to go with Stork in the draft or give Brian 6 mil per. Stick with Garza go center in the 5th and let him battle with Boggs (who I still like).

But if it comes down to next year, Ill be picketing outside of Halas Hall for a new deal, a new contract, because Im not going anyplace.

-Brandon Marshall

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

vCash
    Draft a center but resign Garza. Since I'm sure you want the answer to be a, b, or c, I would say A

vCash

2014 Mock GM Series #4: Who's Our Center?

Many scouts aren't high on Stork. Wouldn't be surprised me to see him fall in the draft.

vCash
    Mack would be nice but I think we resign garza de la puenta would be nice to I wonder what the cost diffrence would be between Mack and de la

vCash
    Garrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

vCash
    Just stick with Garza. It's the most cost efficient option we have right now and he was better than people think last year anyway. If we're upgrading anywhere on this OL then I'd like it to be at RT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Just stick with Garza. It's the most cost efficient option we have right now and he was better than people think last year anyway. If we're upgrading anywhere on this OL then I'd like it to be at RT.
    Pretty much this. Stick it out with Garza and find a project center in the later rounds. Throwing huge money for a center is stupid. The difference between Garza and De La Puente is significantly less than say the difference between Bowman and Verner and they provide a greater impact to boot.

vCash
    Garza, because SlausBoss will be pissed if we don't.

Tearing down Utopia, one brick at a time.

vCash
    Love me some Stork but I'm resigning Garza for a year and if Stork is around in the 3rd I'll take him if not wait till next year or if there is someone else in the draft they like take em.

vCash
    You guys aren't very good at reading directions.

vCash
    If long was ready to move to RT which I think he still needs more time I would love to get Mack to play RG and keep garza at center that would put our o line over the top but it's just to soon for that.
    But garza was really solid and has that veteran leadership just needs to work on his snap in the shotgun that was his main flaw I seen last year a lot of low snaps and premature snaps but I think playing with to diffrent quart backs threw the year had a lot to do with that so I expect a much better year from garza this year if cutty stays healthy.

vCash
    Britton might be able to play center to sense he's so versatile I mean he did play some tight end this year lol

vCash
    Take Stork in the 2nd. Use the money you would pay Garza on a DL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast