Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: who deserves an all-star spot more?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lowry

14 53.85%
  • Derozan

12 46.15%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lowry vs Derozan - Who deserves an all-star spot more?

You can probably make a case for both but I think that Lowry should get it. He's a more important part of the offense and the team is so much worse w/o him on the court (except lately since Vasquez has been playing well).

Derozan has been getting the public's attention and all the NBATV/ESPN interviews and stuff which is understandable because he's more flashy which is good for him. But the public's view doesn't sway me because most of them are just highlight watchers and don't pay close attention to this team to realize that Lowry is the real engine.

I'd be happy to see both but I doubt it happens because I don't think the coaches will vote a team that is 22-20 or hovering around .500 to get 2 all-stars so I only see one getting in. I expect it to be Demar because he's more popular, but I think it should be Lowry.
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 01-25-2014 at 05:43 PM.

vCash
    lowry, he is the all around better player... but the allstar game is about popularity and dero is def more popular.

vCash
    Lowry should, he's been our best player. If Teague makes it over him I'll be pissed.

DeRozan probably will for the reasons you've mentioned.

If I were choosing it'd be

Lowry
    DeRozan
    Wall
    Milsap
    Hibbert
    Bosh
    Stephenson

but I bet JJ gets in over Lowry.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    It will be DD but Lowry deserves it more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Lowry should, he's been our best player. If Teague makes it over him I'll be pissed.

DeRozan probably will for the reasons you've mentioned.

If I were choosing it'd be

Lowry
    DeRozan
    Wall
    Milsap
    Hibbert
    Bosh
    Stephenson

but I bet JJ gets in over Lowry.
    yea JJ will get in over Lowry because of BKN's late run. If they still sucked I doubt he would. I think your list is what the reserves will be.

It's probably for the best anyways since Lowry won't be able to use it as leverage for contract negotiations

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    yea JJ will get in over Lowry because of BKN's late run. If they still sucked I doubt he would. I think your list is what the reserves will be.

It's probably for the best anyways since Lowry won't be able to use it as leverage for contract negotiations
    +1 thats a good thing for the raps.

Weird that he prob wont make it though because there are hardley any pg's in the east that deserve the spot more than he does this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    +1 thats a good thing for the raps.

Weird that he prob wont make it though because there are hardley any pg's in the east that deserve the spot more than he does this season.
    yea Kyrie is mad overrated now and then there's Wall and he's more popular, but I think there's an argument that Lowry's been better than Wall this year

vCash
    For me it's Demar. Not a Lowry hater but he hasn't been consistent enough. Demar has consistently progressed to this point and I am confident he has room to further progress. Lowry...? He might learn the team game a bit more but he's a finished product in my eyes.

vCash

really dont think jj deserves it this year, see his game last night ? lol.

vCash

That will probably have very little effect on contract negotiations. He's getting paid one way or another.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    really dont think jj deserves it this year, see his game last night ? lol.
    I don't think he deserves it either but the league will force a brooklyn player in
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    That will probably have very little effect on contract negotiations. He's getting paid one way or another.
    I know it was half tongue in cheek

vCash
    You can probably make a case for both but I think that Lowry should get it. He's a more important part of the offense and the team is so much worse w/o him on the court (except lately since Vasquez has been playing well).

Derozan has been getting the public's attention and all the NBATV/ESPN interviews and stuff which is understandable because he's more flashy which is good for him. But the public's view doesn't sway me because most of them are just highlight watchers and don't pay close attention to this team to realize that Lowry is the real engine.

I'd be happy to see both but I doubt it happens because I don't think the coaches will vote a team that is 22-20 or hovering around .500 to get 2 all-stars so I only see one getting in. I expect it to be Demar because he's more popular, but I think it should be Lowry.
    i know you were looking for peoples opinion but yours is spot on in my books so +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    i suspect Wall will make it but he definitely is not as worthy as Lowry
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I think they both deserve it. If we can't get both I think Derozan should make it because he's our #1 guy. He's been with the team for the longest & has built up equity around the league. Lowry is playing great(#2 PG in East) & we wouldn't be this successful without him but to use Casey's terms Derozan is "our guy".
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Lowry. he's the MVP of this team.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast