- Boston is coming off of a 4 day break in their schedule.
- Boston is just 12-10-1 on the road this season.
- Boston is in the top half of the league in almost every major statistical category.
- Flyers are on a 3 game losing streak.
- Flyers will be playing their 4th game in 6 nights.
- Flyers are 5-2-2 in their last 9 regular season games against Boston.
- This is the first of 3 meetings this season, two of which will be in Philadelphia.
- Gus in for Mez (not ideal but at least he's playing)
- Rosehill in for Downie (ugghhh)
- Hartnell appears to be on the 1st line today, which I assume means Raffl is now on the third line (I like)
so from what I can gather:
Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Lecavalier - Simmonds
Raffl - Couturier - Read
VandeVelde - Hall - Rosehill
Timonen - Coburn
Streit - Grossmann
Gustafsson - Schenn
As long as Chief doesn't pull another stunt where he puts two guys on the same line on their off wing, I like this lineup (aside from Rosehill being in there of course; though Downie has been playing rather stupid lately).
Gives the Flyers 2 true scoring lines and a pure shutdown line that can provide offense and possess the puck. And putting Gus in, even for Mez, automatically upgrades the D in terms of puck-moving and speed.