Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Larry Drew needs to be fired...or checked into rehab.

What the hell is this clown doing...I don't mind a little bit of the "hot hand" theory but holy **** this is ridiculous. IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE PLAYING IN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS.

How many brain cells does it take to run this rotation and have 35-40 mins for the starters? HELLO LARRY!?!? This is embarassing.

PG - Knight
    SG - Mayo
    SF - Alphabet/Butler
    PF - Henson
    C - Sanders

PG - Ridnour
    SG - Alphabet (timeshare with Mayo)
    SF - Middleton
    PF - Ilyasova
    C - Raduljica, Udoh, etc

It's so goddamn simple my TV remote can figure it out. Fire this guy right now and spare us the insanity. Man am I irate over this now..I've tried to be level headed but bringing Sanders off the bench tonight for Udoh was the last straw.

EKPE FREAKING UDOH.
    Last edited by Superfly; 01-25-2014 at 01:08 AM.

vCash
    In his assessment, Mayo also complained about getting irregular minutes. And perhaps Larry Drew should end the fluctuations – and sit Mayo. The Bucks have been drastically better when he’s off the court.
    With Mayo:
    Offensive rating: 92.1
    Defensive rating: 107.7
    Without Mayo:
    Offensive rating: 100.1
    Defensive rating: 102.5
    That’s the difference between being the worst team in the league and just regularly bad.
    With Udoh out for the second half, John Henson and Larry Sanders got a long stretch of play together. In 7:42 of time with the big men together, the Bucks were outscored 18-9.
    I'd play Henson-Sanders more, but Mayo is a lost cause.
    Young Guns

vCash
    Knight
    Middleton
    Giannis
    Henson
    Sanders

Probably our best lineup.
    Young Guns

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBuck View Post
    Knight
    Middleton
    Giannis
    Henson
    Sanders

Probably our best lineup.
    I was thinking of that line up as well.

vCash
    For what it's worth, the bucks best lineup this year in terms of net rating (offensive rating - defensive rating per 48 minutes) has been knight, butler, Giannis, Middleton, and miroslav. I filtered by lineups that have played over 24 minutes together (seeing as that's a half of basketball). That lineup has played like 30 minutes. Out next best lineup has played over 100 minutes together, and that's Knight, ridinour, giannis, ersan and Larry.

Granted with injuries we haven't had a ton of lineups qualify, but I thought it was interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I was thinking of that line up as well.
    Agree. I mean trade Butler? Chicago is kinda close to Milwaukee? Especially if they are going to make a run?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBuck View Post
    I'd play Henson-Sanders more, but Mayo is a lost cause.
    Mayo is not a lost cause although his attitude may be a bit of a problem right now. He is a smart player and understands that Larry Drew is a friggin moron. Mayo know the NBA game and if frustrated that his coach is literally clueless.

vCash
    It's a tough year. Does Larry Drew do this lineup shifting if we have 18 wins instead of 8? Probably not. I agree with everyone, it's clear as day that some players should be playing more/less than they are but Drew shoudln't be fired yet. He probably gets another year anyway to put his mark on the team. I wouldn't mind Lionel Hollins though (or George Karl lol)

vCash
    That will be awesome if we get Wiggins or Parker and we convince Jerry Sloan to be our Head Coach. He said he doesn't want to coach a rebuilding team but the Pieces are there and we have a bright future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajecco View Post
    Mayo is not a lost cause although his attitude may be a bit of a problem right now. He is a smart player and understands that Larry Drew is a friggin moron. Mayo know the NBA game and if frustrated that his coach is literally clueless.

WTF I don't understand this.

What attitude? Yes he spoke out and said some things that are TRUE about this team; that we lack an identity and do something different every single night?

OJ Mayo has been as much a professional as we could ask for since he got here. The guy is a catch ad shoot player with nobody able to set him up. Plain and simple, not really that hard to figure out.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    BTW I totally disagree with this thread. I know I've been hard on Coach Drew this year but give credit where it's due. Last year at this time we had dudes who wanted to kill each other.

Now we have a 15 year vet in Butler making some public statements, and in reality they weren't even that bad, along with Mayo as well. You gottah understand these guy are competitors and they want to compete. Butler even at his age is still a better player than Middleton and Mayo should be starting. I know you can throw garbage stats at me, but when you play as many games as they have with as many starting lineups as they have, it's tough for anyone to find a good rhythm.

Back to my point though Coach Drew still has these guys competing, and most of them are still seeming to like being here. Mayo and Butler just want their time, which they should get. He's also been developing talent at the same time which is difficult through an NBA season, again especially with all the injuries.

In the end if you really think about it he has the team right where we need to be for once. Not fighting for an 8th seed, barely making the playoffs to get trounced by the Heat. We need to rebuild and that's what he's doing.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Middleton is better than Mayo right now and that's a fact. Mayo is just plain lazy on the court, he took the money and walked away with it. There's no denying he is out of shape, he stands around on defense and of course his favorite shot is the lazy jumper regardless of the defense.

Right now I'd rather have Knight or Middleton at the 2 than Mayo.
    Young Guns

vCash
    Radio Joe of last nights post game show said Mayo is on his chop block. Drew messed around with minutes. If anyone should be complaining it should be Middleton. Middleton was the most consistent scorer we had till his minutes went out the window. Now he lost confidents in himself. Now its seems Knight is the only scorer here on out. But Knight needs to play sg. Under sized or not who cares.

This season mailed in already. Sanders been stinking it up as well. With Giannis having back spasms i'd hold him out a couple games. This would be my starters line up for the Clippers game.. Wolters, Knight, Middleton, Ersan or Butler small ball,Henson or Knight, Middleton, Butler, Ersan, Henson. But if I was Hammond I be unloading Ridnour, Mayo, Neal, Udoh in a heart beat. Use them to take on less players so more minutes to go around.

Sucks having max roster of 15. To many crabby players with less minutes but they get 20 minutes and still suck. Look at Mayo with 20 minutes and 2 points. Heck I can get two points with my eyes close nailing a hook shot. I'd use that combination of players and try get a young asset buried on some other teams bench. Heck we just got a DPE for injured Delfino of $1.75M. Use that at trade deadline as well. Help some team that's in the luxury tax. Get future picks or young player on rookie deal. Just get it done Hammond.

vCash
    Who is going to give up future picks or young assets for our guys? We don't have the types of players that will make a splash type trade, and the players everyone has on their want to trade list have large contracts, which means you don't get young assets or picks back, you get another large contract.

That being said, I don't hate drew playing with the lineups. We need to figure out who can do what and who works with who. You try Ersan at the 3. You try Middleton and Giannis at the 2. You try knight alongside another pg to see if he can play off th ball. You play Henson at the 5 some. You figure out what combinations of players works going forward, so you can figure out who can play where before you draft some guys. We aren't going anywhere this year anyhow.

You might as well see what you have so you can actually have a plan going into the offseason, unlike this year where the plan was clearly to overhaul the roster anyway possible and acquire as many assets as we could. Hopefully this next offseason we can have an idea of the role we want each of our guys to play, then fill in pieces around them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Who is going to give up future picks or young assets for our guys? We don't have the types of players that will make a splash type trade, and the players everyone has on their want to trade list have large contracts, which means you don't get young assets or picks back, you get another large contract.

That being said, I don't hate drew playing with the lineups. We need to figure out who can do what and who works with who. You try Ersan at the 3. You try Middleton and Giannis at the 2. You try knight alongside another pg to see if he can play off th ball. You play Henson at the 5 some. You figure out what combinations of players works going forward, so you can figure out who can play where before you draft some guys. We aren't going anywhere this year anyhow.

You might as well see what you have so you can actually have a plan going into the offseason, unlike this year where the plan was clearly to overhaul the roster anyway possible and acquire as many assets as we could. Hopefully this next offseason we can have an idea of the role we want each of our guys to play, then fill in pieces around them.
    Bucks have $17M in expiring contracts of Ridour,Udoh,Butler. I'm sure some teams that have Melo,LeBron,Gasol, or whatever on their radar will come calling. We take bad salary back but they have to throw in a sweetener like a pick or young players in return. Marshon Brooks was in a salary dump trade. We should of went for that. Rather have Marshon instead Mayo or Neal. Old rumor at beginning of season was Knicks said they throw in Shumpert for anyone that takes Stoudemire.

They didn't even say expiring's. Just take him. Stoudemire can come off the bench next season to be our new tank commander for all I care. Heck a few of us even suggested Perkins if we got Perry Jones III. All of us prefer Lamb but doubt he's moved. Heck even the Pelicans rumor of Udoh for Rivers and a filler. Take a chance on a young player. Dump our veterans. Just taking up valuable minutes any way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast