Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Sharks extend Marleau and Thornton for 3 years

Real_ESPNLeBrun: Breaking news: San Jose Sharks have signed Patrick Marleau and Joe Thornton to 3-year extensions.
    Real_ESPNLeBrun: Marleau's 3-year deal is worth $6.66 M a year AAV; Thornton's deal is $6.75 M a year AAV.
    good deals for both of them imo and they ended up saving a bit of cap for next season as well

vCash
    Obvious hometown discounts. Kind of rooting for the Sharks this year to win it in the West (and the Cup if the Wings aren't in the finals). Good to see not every player is all about the money too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Beautiful signings. What's funny is both are around the level of Zach Parise, who is making 7.5M over 12 years. Add in that these new era contracts post lockout are supposed to pay higher on shorter contracts. I think SJ just has Dan Boyle left to sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Beautiful signings. What's funny is both are around the level of Zach Parise, who is making 7.5M over 12 years. Add in that these new era contracts post lockout are supposed to pay higher on shorter contracts. I think SJ just has Dan Boyle left to sign.
    Yep, just Boyle I believe. They did an excellent job getting everyone signed, and to great deals for the most part to top it all off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    That's bang for your buck.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Great deals.
    Skating circles around the NHL since 2013/2014

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

vCash
    ^^lol, that sig had me cracking up when I first saw it.

I'm not really familiar with any hockey contracts, but based off of your guys' replies sounds like a good deal for the sharks. I think doug williams is a great gm, he's been making good moves year in and year out, balancing a win now mentality with a build for the future mentality.

I do find it kinda weird that they are getting paid almost the same amount, Jumbo Joe brings way more to the table than Marleau.
    Last edited by nastynice; 01-24-2014 at 07:22 PM.
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Players taking solid contracts for their teams' benefit. Bueno.
    "whoever started is a ********" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

vCash
    Hard to believe they only make slightly over a million more dollars than David Clarkson...

vCash
    I was secretly hoping for a Jumbo return to Boston

I've wanted SJ to win a cup since about 08. A team that's been consistently good for that long, it'd be terrible if Joe retired without.a mug