Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Brent

vCash

Josh Brent

Do you guys think Jerry will bring Brent back on as a Dallas Cowboy now that his legal situation has been solved? He will be out of jail before the season starts and we are horrible on the DL... I think he will never drink and drive again so I say bring him back because he can help this football team win games...
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    Anyone else find it crazy that he got so little time?

vCash
    the judge knew Dallas needed interior linemen and didn't want to hurt the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedajewler View Post
    Anyone else find it crazy that he got so little time?
    I think with the recent case that just went down in TX they felt they couldn't give him longer because people would bring race into the issue. A kid just killed 4 people and crippled another drunk driving and all he got was probation and I'm sure Brent's attorney pointed that out and the fact Brown's mother testified in behalf of brent.

vCash
    really? wow that's crazy up here I've seen a few local cases maybe 2-3 in the last few years on the news and each of them got 3-5 years in jail

vCash

Josh Brent

I would bring him back but on a really short leash maybe make sure he gets regular counseling and all that

vCash
    I would welcome him back, but I would hope the team does their own checking up on him...do random tests and make him do breathalyzers before each practice for a while

vCash
    I would welcome him back as well. I think he got so little time because of Browns family forgiving him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacowboysfan View Post
    I would welcome him back as well. I think he got so little time because of Browns family forgiving him.

I agree. ..

vCash
    He was playing outta his mind the weeks before he made the dumbest decision of his life.

vCash
    I said it in another site that I tried to look at this from the outside looking in perspective

1) if this happened to a guy from another team, would you even consider him being a cowboy? The answer is a resounding NO...I wouldn't want someone else's mistake
    2) if we didn't have a huge need at DL, would you still want him back? I likely say that I am up in the air, but I likely may not want to take a chance

the bottom line is that he IS a Cowboy and because of that, if the team is Ok with him, then bring him back...the mother forgave him, who am I to refute that.....I say give him a shot and see if he can stay clean

vCash
    I would love to bring him back and then draft another DT 1st round thta will fill 2 major holes and make the team better. At the end of the day thats all I care about

vCash
    he cant help us win. how out of shape do you think he is going to be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    he cant help us win. how out of shape do you think he is going to be?
    Ya I agree. He wasn't that good to begin with. Now he's out for a year and a half? So now were getting a guy who was never that good and with baggage? In my opinion the cons out way the pros.

vCash
    i'm sure he will be working out in the pin? in reality he will not serve 180 but about 90 enough for him to get in with a trainer. He is a better option than what we had this season

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast