Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs up That feeling that durant has POTENTIAL to be the GOAT?!

From a championship stand point Kevin Durant has alot to do still. But from a talent standpoint he is truly one of a kind. His height,his ability to score at will in an efficient manor not to mention his court vision is beginning to develop very nicely. Because of his wing span hes always been a decent rebounder as well. I know hes gonna win the MVP this year unless westbrook comes back and messes it up for him (makes him a little less aggressive). I think he is starting to make his case for being a little bit better than lebron from the standpoint that he is learning how to be a better leader and being able to fully control the game. From a defensive standpoint he has alot of improvement but with that being said I think he can be the best we have ever seen. They say that lebron is better than jordan because he bigger fast and stronger, Well durant is way bigger than both of em and his game is becoming scary to face. He has an insane jumpshot, deceptively athletic,shots 90% from the stripe and on top of that has that killer mentality that we rarely see.

Kevin Durant Current Stats
    .536 9.0 10.2 .882 0.7 7.0 7.7 5.1 1.5 0.8 3.3 2.2 31.0
    Micheal Jordans Best Season
    .546 8.8 10.5 .841 1.7 3.8 5.5 5.9 3.2 1.6 3.1 3.3 35.0
    Lebron James Best Season
    .602 5.3 7.0 .753 1.3 6.8 8.0 7.3 1.7 0.9 3.0 1.4 26.8

vCash
    The GOAT scorer? Maybe.

Best overall player ever? Well, he's got A TON to do. Too early to be talking about it. While he was historically awesome last year, and LeBron overshadowed him and thus people kinda didn't appreciate KD as much as they should have (which is fair, LBJ would have overshadowed just about anyone ever), we are talking about a guy who has been the clear best player for maybe half a season now. I don't feel comfortable delving into "GOAT" talk when that's the case. He's gotta dominate the league and stand out as the league's best for quite some time, and that hasn't come close to happening yet. Not to say he can't, because my god is he good.

Even to pass LeBron will take him a good 4-5 years of this type of play, and probably also demand that he stands out above LeBron for a huge portion of that. Overall, he's about at where LeBron was last year and maybe his last two years in Cleveland (tho, slight nod to KD right now...we'll see if he can sustain it).

Not trying to make this a comparison between the two because that's a tired topic right now. But if we're truly talking GOAT, his first step is obviously to separate himself from LeBron. That's his peer, and you can't be the GOAT unless you first topple all your contemporaries.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    GOAT? Really? He is a great scorer yes but GOAT? It's way too early for this kind of discussions. KD is great and all that but fans are making him less interesting

vCash

That feeling that durant has POTENTIAL to be the GOAT?!

Come on man. I love him as much as the next guy, but I much preferred his quiet dominance much rather than this every other day nonsense thread about him.. Mods should create one big Lebron thread and one big durant thread and then just let you all go at it.

vCash
    People are going way to hard on KD over what he has done for 2-3 months it is crazy. He is a gifted scorer no doubt, and has ability unlike we have seen for the most part but he would have to sustain this for YEARS to even get in the conversation. He has only arguably been better than Lebron on a team with less go-to options for 2-3 months.

vCash
    oh boy

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash

And to make matters even worse, Lebron and Kobe have only sniffed Jordan, and kd hasn't even sniffed them. No one. NO ONE will ever touch MJ's 35 a game season. Nor will they claim the goat. KD has top 20 potential though

vCash
    Ok he's getting too much attention and being over hyped now.... No doubt that he's second best nba player right now but saying he's better than Lebron and now MJ gotta stop. I remember Gilbert and tmac had a scoring tear similar to durant also.
    Last edited by LAKobeBryant; 01-24-2014 at 12:59 PM.

vCash
    Nice random line of stats you made there to compare the 3.

And do some people now just entirely forget guys like Kareem and Wilt existed?

I can't stand* this thread, but not as much as the people who this has the ability to actually affect their opinion of him. Have your own thoughts, people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    And to make matters even worse, Lebron and Kobe have only sniffed Jordan, and kd hasn't even sniffed them. No one. NO ONE will ever touch MJ's 35 a game season. Nor will they claim the goat. KD has top 20 potential though
    Plenty of greats have reached that level of dominance for a year or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKobeBryant View Post
    Ok he's getting too much attention and being over hyped now.... No doubt that he's second best nba player right now but saying he's better than Lebron and now MJ gotta stop. I remember Gilbert and tmac had a scoring tear similar to durant also.
    Just because some random poster who has no idea what he's talking about doesn't make him overhyped.

The hype that KD is getting for his recent play is neither overblown or understated IMO. He's having a tremendous season and an incredible month. The people who appreciate it for what it is without hyperbole are fine with me though.

A perfect example of overhyped is Derrick Rose.

vCash

You talking about MJ's year? ^ I'm just saying, there was never a more complete or better player than Michael Jordan. I know hypotheticals are pointless here, but Michael could have scored on anyone at anytime and for however many points he wanted. On top of that he could guard anyone and should have been the defensive player of the year for about 8 years in a row. But there's no fun in that for the league..

vCash
    Put down the PCP. That feeling will eventually go away.

vCash
    Durant as GOAT? I don't think so however a great argument can be made that he has surpassed lbj this year. Certainly one can no longer argue that lebron is far and away the best in the league as Durant has proved this season that he is every bit as good, if not better so far this year.

vCash
    "llullz"

Free As Seagull.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast