Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Jordan Eberle

vCash

Jordan Eberle

There are talks of this man getting moved. I'm a massive Eberle fan. Edmonton is in the market for a veteran forward (which we have), a young goaltender (which we have) and an experienced defenseman (which we have) and we have kids there. We have all of this.

My question is, would you move Petr Mrazek and pieces for Jordan Eberle? I personally see Petr Mrazek winning a Vezina one day. I truly do. His numbers at this level right now are insane. He continues to get better. As for the other pieces, they could be anywhere from Patrick Eaves, Jakub Kindl, Xavier Ouellet, etc.

vCash
    I would if we could lock him up here for a long time first. He's 23, has potential, and could be another building block for the future with Tatar, Nyquist etc. Jimmy is already locked up for a while so he can be the piece that we have in place until we find another young goalie to build up. We also have a lot of young talent on defense so those guys can help "protect" when we have to put that new goalie in.

vCash
    Ehhhhh. I don't know that's a tough one. Howard isn't that young, not really old, but let's not forget that he isn't young by any means. Mrazek has a ton of promise but a guy like Eberle would probably be worth it. I'm going to guess they would probably want Mrazek + Nyquist + 1st+. In the end I'd probably do it because we really need a player like Eberle for the future.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Petr Mrazek may very well have taken the role of top prospect in the NHL for a goaltender. First rounders mean nothing. It's all development. Petr Mrazek looked capable of playing in the NHL last season, and this season, has been great. I think he's just 21 years old.

This is one of those trades where we'd need to trade a big piece and couldn't find another way. If we do this, we could look at Tomas McCullum again as he's really strived in Grand Rapids. He's 22 years old right now.

Ebs is 23 years old. He's done a lot already and has been stuck in a horrible situation. He has the style to play in Detroit's puck possession style. He can shoot, play as the playmaker, carry the puck, and work well defensively. I really think he'd be a core piece. With Alfredsson being 41 years old and then the big three around 35 and older Ebs could really get a chance. We still have Weiss of course, but you could roll some different options.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
    Eberle-Weiss-Franzen
    Nyquist-Helm-Tatar
    Miller-Andersson-Cleary/Glendening/Sheahan

Injury proneness, you could see Jurco up too, getting some serious minutes.

Let's say

Petr Mrazek + Patrick Eaves + Jakub Kindl + 2014 2nd rounder + Landon Ferraro

Based deal. Possibly a little more. I know they want veterans, experience, etc. That's not Kindl, but it's Eaves. Mrazek should be huge interest to them.

Howard is 29 years old. He's in his prime area for another three years or so, and most goaltenders are older. Looking at some first year starters like Ben Bishop and Jonathan Bernier who are like 26 years old. You continue to develop this position.

vCash
    No problem with that trade. Im still not as high on Mrazek as some are, his vision,angles and decision making need work for sure but you can take a long time to develop goalies. The only thing I would be afraid of is we are going to have to draft another goalie with good potential that we hope does not flame out. I like how T-Mc has reinvented himself down in GR but im not sold on him reviving his career yet. Its a scary proposition because goalies are so important these days (especially in the playoffs) and they are also incredibly hard to draft and develop. I have my opinion of Mrazek but scouting or watching goalies is one of the hardest things to do period.

I wonder if we could get away with keeping Mrazek and trading for a Tarasenko or Kuznetsov. Both young wingers who arent established as Eberle but Tarasenko has shown a knack for scoring and being a great 2-way forward that plays like a small power forward with a great shot. Kuznetsov has not done well this year and dropped down a lot of lists, I wonder if we could fleece Wash like Nashville did (doubt they let that happen again)

No idea what Stl would want for Tarasenko.

To Wash:
    XO +1st+Almquist+Ferraro

To Det:
    Erat+Kuznetsov

They are looking for a young top 4 D get that in XO and also a #6-7 to take Mike Green's spot on the PP next year, our first and Ferraro as a throw in good bottom line prospect.

We get Erat to help this year and replace a potential retiring Alfie and Kuznetsov as an incredible young wing prospect that shoots.