When: Friday, Jnuary 24th
    Time: 7:30 PM
    Where: Joe Louis Arena
    Channel: FSDet

Player to watch:

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    INJURY UPDATES
    *Alfredsson could make his return tonight. Will decide after the Friday morning skate.
    *Franzen is feeling any more "fogginess" from his concussion but is unsure of return date
    *Datsyuk is skating (as of Jan. 22nd). He says he's unsure of when exactly he'll return but it'll be before the Olympic break.

vCash
    Darren Helm playing with the two slowest guys is crazy. Give him someone to work with. I guess the other three lines are working though.

Justin Abdelkader has been insane lately. He's been outplaying most of the Red Wings. He's been outplaying Gustav Nyquist, and has really done a great job. Henrik Zetterberg still frustrates me. Won't pass, will skate it to the boards, do too much and lose it.

Tomas Tatar is truly one of my favourites, if not my favourite when Dats is out. He creates. He's agressive. He passes and he goes for his own shot. He's a force out there. Once he's more comfortable he could score upwards to 30 goals, which is more than we thought from him. Against Chicago, he could have had 4 or 5.

vCash
    Welcome back Brans! These threads need you lol...I can't keep talking to myself!

Also, more updates:
    -Alfie is in tonight, Bertuzzi out
    -Andersson looks like he could be back for Tampa Bay on Sunday
    -Jimmy probably for the Philly game next week
    -Weiss is skating and looks to be back after the Olympic break

vCash
    Helm with Alfredsson has worked before though. Bertuzzi needed to be scratched, he's not really an nhl player anymore. Love Tatar as well. He reminds me of Datsyuk in the sense that he's smaller, but hard to knock off the puck generally. Nyquist looks to be getting back on track after he had a cold stretch. Both are on track for about 40ish points, which is solid for two rookies. We really need Howard back and playing like he did before his most recent injury though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Welcome back Brans! These threads need you lol...I can't keep talking to myself!

Also, more updates:
    -Alfie is in tonight, Bertuzzi out
    -Andersson looks like he could be back for Tampa Bay on Sunday
    -Jimmy probably for the Philly game next week
    -Weiss is skating and looks to be back after the Olympic break
    Bert's been pretty useless. Keep the lines the same, put in Alfredsson where Bert played and role Cleary-Helm-Alfredsson. The other lines have been too good. Eaves looks great right now and Glendening has been a real solid NHL'er.

I like Glendening more than Andersson despite the offensive difference. Glendening is fast, gritty and plays a pest role.

Weiss needs to sit out past the break regardless of how he is. We need him long-term and we can't risk him coming back too early.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    Helm with Alfredsson has worked before though. Bertuzzi needed to be scratched, he's not really an nhl player anymore. Love Tatar as well. He reminds me of Datsyuk in the sense that he's smaller, but hard to knock off the puck generally. Nyquist looks to be getting back on track after he had a cold stretch. Both are on track for about 40ish points, which is solid for two rookies. We really need Howard back and playing like he did before his most recent injury though.
    Agreed. Helm with Alfredsson. When Dats is back, I'd still go three lines:

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader
    Jurco-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
    Tatar-Helm-Eaves
    Miller-Andersson-Cleary
    Bertuzzi, Glendening

Sheahan needs to play more in the AHL as it may be his last year. Give him the big minutes. Eaves is looking real good. Miller needs to be down. He can't handle the puck and has been awful with the puck. I want Glendening to stay up too.

Nyquist needs to start shooting to hit the net. I don't liek kids with Zetterberg. Z doesn't pass, does too much, etc. Gus really hasn't looked too sharp. Abby's been outplaying him also. I'd love a Gus-Helm-Abby line. I'm just throwing things out there when completely healthy here

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
    Tatar-Franzen-Alfredsson
    Nyquist-Helm-Abdelkader

Tatar gives us the best chance to score each shift. He really is unpredictable and agressive offensively. Still rae defensively, but he can hit, skate ,and has great vision offensively.

Tatar is just under .50 PPG I believe. Nyquist is up there. Difference is one is creating and doing it in less minutes. I'm more excited for Tatar. I'm so high on this kid right now.

vCash
    Surprised there was no talks on Brian Rafalski.

vCash
    PSD is kind of dead for hockey, I talk on HF a lot
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    Completely miss the hit on Miller but call the ticky-tack ******** on Smith. Good to see NHL officials as good as ever.

vCash
    I love winning. Nyquist and Z need to stay together. Sheahan and Glendening also need to stay on the team even when Franzen/Weiss/Datsyuk are back. When fully healthy imo go with:

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen
    Abdelkader - Datsyuk - Alfredsson
    Sheahan - Helm - Tatar
    Miller - Glendening - Eaves

Franzen was playing his best hockey in years with Nyquist and Zetterberg. Abdelkader is the perfect compliment to Datsyuk and Alfredsson imo, and he's also playing great.

vCash
    I agree. Sheahan has played the wing in Grand Rapids too.

vCash
    Yeah I think he could play there no problem. I actually forgot about Andersson in that line-up, but I think I'd prefer Sheahan and Glendening to him.

vCash
    Yeah I think he could play there no problem. I actually forgot about Andersson in that line-up, but I think I'd prefer Sheahan and Glendening to him.
    Well Franzen looks ready for Sunday and has been skating with Helm and Alfredsson. I wouldn't mind Sheahan playing on that wing though. Franzen isn't 100% and the top line is working so I'd mix things up just a bit. After a game or so, if Dats is still out I'd be for

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader
    Sheahan-Helm-Alfredsson
    Tatar-Andersson-Franzen
    Miller-Glendening-Eaves

Jurco's probably heading down pretty soon. When Datsyuk returns, probably on Tuesday or Thursday, you could actually roll Dats and Zetterberg together depending on Franzen or Helm. Of course you could go back tot eh Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen line. There's really so much to do when healthy.

Stephen Weiss is expected back the first game after the break. He says right now he feels better than he has all season. So before Weiss returns, assuming we're healthy I wouldn't mind:

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen
    Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
    Tatar-Helm-Eaves/Sheahan
    Miller-Andersson-Glendening/Cleary/Eaves/Sheahan

or you could do:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
    Tatar-Franzen-Nyquist
    Sheahan-Helm-Alfredsson
    Miller-Andersson-Glendening/Eaves/Cleary

And just so much more:

Zetterberg-Weiss-Alfredsson
    Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Franzen
    Tatar-Helm-Nyquist
    Same thing with Sheahan down as it's his last year in Grand Rapids

vCash
    If Weiss is actually going to bring what he was advertised to we will have a scary offense...

vCash
    If Weiss is actually going to bring what he was advertised to we will have a scary offense...
    Assuming health the rest of the year I think he'd play in about 24 games. I'd be really happy with 15 points. I really would like to see Z on his wing though Z needs certain linemates based on his refusal to pass often.