Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Senior Bowl Thread

Anyone been watching practices? I totally forgot. Also **** NFL Network 2-3 years ago they used to show ALL of them, I think they had 2 a days. And they showed both teams. Now it's just one slot.

Stupid.

I know nobody watches it but please, for the die hards. It's freaking one week.

Anyway, I've fallen way behind on that, but I gotta remember to catch the game at least.
    [QUOTE=det32;28757687]assuming you where going to say something about me being "harsh" or "hatting" on Wilson.. i hate to brake it to you but he is a "borderline starter" at best.. my 20th- 25th QB.. that's not hating that's just being real.. /QUOTE]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Anyone been watching practices? I totally forgot. Also **** NFL Network 2-3 years ago they used to show ALL of them, I think they had 2 a days. And they showed both teams. Now it's just one slot.

Stupid.

Anyway, I've fallen way behind on that, but I gotta remember to catch the game at least.
    Martin from Notre Dame and Shofield(sp?) from Michigan are looking like 2nd round steals for anyone needing OL help. They've been obsessing over the big DBs that are there, McGill from Utah and Baptiste from Nebraska I think are the two. Cyril Richardson has been beaten pretty badly in the OL/DL drills. Carr is distancing himself ahead of the other QBs. Boyd has been really hot and cold. Hearing a lot that Jordan Matthews is potentially the most polished WR, may not have the most upside but will be ready to contribute to a team immediately. A lot of buzz over Dee Ford from Auburn as well, tweener pass rusher type I think, very fast off the line.

That's about all I can remember from the few I've seen.

The first few days they showed an hour of one team then an hour of the other, then a little recap show at like 10:30 EST, I think today/tonight they are doing a week in review at some point so you can try to catch that.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 01-24-2014 at 07:18 AM.

vCash
    Matthews is a stud. I love the wr coming out this year. About 8 could go first round all deserving

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    Matthews is a stud. I love the wr coming out this year. About 8 could go first round all deserving
    Agreed, most Niner fans are hoping that we can negate the AJ Jenkins pick with an actual good one this year.

vCash
    No shot Martin goes round 2. Was probably late 1 maybe early 2 before this week, but I think he's solidified himself as a first rounder this week.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    The NFL Network coverage has been spotty at best this year. Hearing that FSU LB Christian Jones looks great, Wisconsin LB Chris Borland is drawing Zach Thomas comparisons, and Auburn DE/OLB Dee Ford looks good on the field and is showing a lot of charisma/leadership

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    No shot Martin goes round 2. Was probably late 1 maybe early 2 before this week, but I think he's solidified himself as a first rounder this week.
    Most don't see him as a consistent OT in the NFL, he's still behind Matthews, Robinson, Lewan and possibly Richardson. His versatility may make him a late 1st, but I can't see him going higher than that as a tweener OL prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post

Stupid.

Who's impressed on offense

QB- Carr, Garroppolo
    RB- No one
    WR- Jordan Matthews, Jalen Saunders
    TE- C.J. Fiedorowicz
    T- Zack Martin, Morgan Moses
    G- No one
    C- Weston Richburg

Who's impressed on defense

DE/OLB- Dee Ford
    DT- Aaron Donald, Ra'shede Hageman
    LB- Chris Borland
    CB- Keith McGill
    S- Deone Bucannon

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Most don't see him as a consistent OT in the NFL, he's still behind Matthews, Robinson, Lewan and possibly Richardson. His versatility may make him a late 1st, but I can't see him going higher than that as a tweener OL prospect.
    He's ranked by CBS as the 13th overall prospect.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2014/OT

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

vCash
    Keep in mind that 30 of the best seniors didn't attend. On top of a record early entry class. Guys playing in the Senior Bowl can chill out for the first two days of the draft, basically. Go fishing or something.

vCash
    NFL guys know better than TV heads and writers. The only reason he's not seen as a guarantee at Left Tackle is size, other than that he's probably the surest thing in terms of being a good player somewhere on the offensive line. His short arms may struggle to keep long armed rushers from getting to his chest to work speed to power or getting to the back of his pads to work the corner. But he has good technique is always in good position, keeps his hands inside and his shoulders back when he punches. He compensates size issues through perfect technique to lengthen himself to play longer than he is.

Coming into this week I thought his biggest issue at left tackle would be his lower body length preventing him from gaining enough ground on his sets to keep up with the quickest pass rushers, but his footspeed is deceptively fast and I was surprised at his ability to keep up with fast guys on the edge.

I still think he's not an elite left tackle prospect, but I also think Robinson and Matthews are the only ones in this draft. I think he should be a guard, maybe a right tackle. He's the second coming of Justin Pugh as a prospect, except he faced marginally better competition in college. This is the weakest senior bowl I've seen in a while, so his performance needs to be considered in context, but I'd bet a lot of money on him being a first rounder unless something happens between now and the draft (combine, fake girlfriend, whatever) to harm his stock
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    dont get your hopes up about christian jones at lb. hes best off the edge. he has all the tools for lb but never puts it together. waited four years for it at fsu best year was this year at the edge

vCash
    Agreed, most Niner fans are hoping that we can negate the AJ Jenkins pick with an actual good one this year.
    you got jon baldwin out of that lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    you got jon baldwin out of that lol
    Exactly......

vCash
    On the way to the Senior Bowl, will let you guys know what I see. There are a few guys I will be keeping a close eye on.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast