Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Phil Jackson on Jim Buss and Lakers' FO

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...#axzz2r40Bj88t

Jackson hinted that he'd like to help the team behind the scenes in the Lakers' front office -- but that opportunity is currently not available to him.

"They have a hierarchy. They have an administration," he said. "They're trying to work through some things. They made a decision to go in a different style of ball."

Jackson praised the Lakers' late owner Dr. Jerry Buss for his education and successful professional career before getting into basketball. He also credited Buss for being decisive, and drafting Magic Johnson in 1979.

Jackson wasn't as generous when discussing Lakers owner/executive Jim Buss.

"I think Jim is kind of feeling his way. He doesn't really know all of the ramifications of basketball," Jackson said.

"I think one of the things that Dr. Buss did, was he left a lot of basketball decisions to basketball people and then he would make the final [call]."

He also said he believes the Lakers should have hired Brian Shaw to coach the team after Jackson retired in 2011.

"They should have given him the opportunity to have that job, but that's not my decision," Jackson said. "That's where Jimmy Buss wanted to make that decision. I don't know where [General Manager] Mitch [Kupchak] was behind all of that, because Mitch kind of sits behind that decision making."

Instead the Lakers hired Mike Brown, who was fired a year later, five games into the 2012-13 NBA season. Shaw has since been hired to coach the Denver Nuggets (20-20).

vCash
    As long as Jim Buss is calling the shots, we won't be winning any time soon

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    "I think Jim is kind of feeling his way. He doesn't really know all of the ramifications of basketball," Jackson said.

"I think one of the things that Dr. Buss did, was he left a lot of basketball decisions to basketball people and then he would make the final [call]."
    True and echoes what I have been saying.

JIMBO! JIMBO!

vCash
    I'm most surprised/disappointed to read about Phil's comments in regards to Mitch being in the background when it comes to hiring a coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    I'm most surprised/disappointed to read about Phil's comments in regards to Mitch being in the background when it comes to hiring a coach.
    Well it's true. Any freedom that Mitch had with Dr. Buss as the head is now all gone.

vCash
    Oh and might I add...TANK for mediocrity!!!!

vCash
    I think we could be the next NY knicks

Could our Jimmy be worse than Jim Dolan?

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    How many years before jimbo realizes he can't do it by himself?!

I'm curious to see that.

vCash

Phil Jackson on Jim Buss and Lakers' FO

Jeanie buss needs to take over and put jimbo in the back seat and start making decision for the best of the franchise
    llullz

vCash
    Yeah, we may be screwed for a while

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post
    Jeanie buss needs to take over and put jimbo in the back seat and start making decision for the best of the franchise
    Because old senile Daddy Buss before he died made the dumb decision of telling Jeanie to stick with business and marketing aspect while letting little Jimmy take care of basketball.

vCash
    Jimbaco is egomaniac! He has been an obscure person behind the shadows of great people and now he is trying to become one. He has no way to be a great owner,because the team belongs to more than one now and because he wants to become the center of attention. We are in trouble now and until he is removed. Very difficult thing to ever happen.
    When?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    I think we could be the next NY knicks

Could our Jimmy be worse than Jim Dolan?
    He already is. You wouldn't question your doctor, lawyer, architect, etc, but Jimmy insists on making the decisions that professionals should be making. Instead of trusting his basketball personnel, he decided to proclaim himself a basketball mind. Jim Buss is a loser; a delusional failure who will never see that he is and has been wrong about damn near everything he has been entrusted with when it comes to the Lakers.

vCash
    Until Jim Buss puts his ego aside for prosperity....We very well could turn into the Knicks...The best way to remedy that would be for those celebrity seats to go empty. If Jack, Dyan, Lou Adler and Penny Marshall gave up those seats then action would take place!

vCash
    with Jimbaco at the helm, the Lakers have become the Raiders of the NBA...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast