Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Are we pretty much done now???

Now that Garza if off the board, there's only two SP's left worth going after. Do you guys think we'll be involved. If we were going to throw all the money at Tanaka, I think we should make a serious play for both, Santana, and Jimenez!! We can no doubt, get them both for what we were prepared to spend on Tanaka. If they don't, I'm gonna say they were just posturing with whole Tanaka thing.

vCash
    I want Jimenez. To my mind, having a protected pick creates a market inefficiency that SHOULD be utilized.

vCash
    #maholm

Tearing down Utopia, one brick at a time.

vCash
    Of course we're done. Maaaybe one minor SP deal.

Remember all those fun August/September/October arguments about how there was *no way* we weren't going to go on a spending spree this offseason?

vCash

vCash
    Maybe another 4-5 SP type and that's all. This crap will continue until the kids save us in 2026.

vCash
    Wrong thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Of course we're done. Maaaybe one minor SP deal.

Remember all those fun August/September/October arguments about how there was *no way* we weren't going to go on a spending spree this offseason?
    I don't think anybody could have predicted them doing absolutely NOTHING to better the franchise this off season (year 3 of the Plan). It's unfathomable. It really really really is unfathomable.

vCash
    I really hope we do something. I just don't want to see a guy that's out of him prime get signed. Especially, a long term deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYF View Post
    I don't think anybody could have predicted them doing absolutely NOTHING to better the franchise this off season (year 3 of the Plan). It's unfathomable. It really really really is unfathomable.
    I believe I said it several times as a plausible option.

Trades are hard to predict, and they seem to have the Rays "We rip you off or no deal" mindset
    They are *serious* about not going after sup-optimal FAs
    They have too many interesting cheap parts to go out and get guys like Schierholtz and whomever

It sucks, but it was a little predictable.

vCash
    I can't imagine anyone realistically thinking we were going to spend much on this FA class unless they expected Scherzer or Price to somehow become available.

This FA class wasn't that good, especially where the Cubs need to spend their money on pitching.

vCash
    I think Jimenez is worth giving up a pick on after the Garza deal. There's value to be had there. I don't think Santana would be worth it.

My guess is it's going to be Maholm or stick with in house. Flippable or cheap.

vCash
    Still looking for a reason to go to the ball park and spend money on this team, still looking for justification of the Cubs having the third highest ticket prices while fielding a team full of minor leaguers and broken down has beens no one else wants. Its like management is following a blueprint to alienate as many fans as possible. You cant at least try to bring in enough players to field a .500 team while building the minors as well? Thinking of the players who will start opening day makes me think of the movie Major League.

I understand not wanting to sign a past his prime player to a huge deal, but why the heck would a young player in his "prime" want to come play with a team of minor leaguers? He needs some hope, and a bunch of minor league prospects isnt going to cut it. What exactly is there to get excited to watch this season? The plan of tanking and trading anyone and everyone thaat has interest for picks is unheard of, and looking at it now this has gone too far to expect patience from the fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Now that Garza if off the board, there's only two SP's left worth going after. Do you guys think we'll be involved. If we were going to throw all the money at Tanaka, I think we should make a serious play for both, Santana, and Jimenez!! We can no doubt, get them both for what we were prepared to spend on Tanaka. If they don't, I'm gonna say they were just posturing with whole Tanaka thing.
    Agreed and I brought up the points below in the other thread:
    Sign both Santana and Jiminez to 2 year deal with and option for a 3rd year and get better prospects than you would get in the draft in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. 2 yr Deals at 28 Million Per and a mutual Option for 17mill for the 3rd year. So Basically you have a 3 year 45 Million dollar Deal and you know you will be able to move them both or having no problem keeping either one. Win Win! Thoughts!
    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    RWB is back

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast