Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Phil Jackson on Kobe vs. Jordan 1 on 1

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

In 1999-2000, Phil had Jordan (who had been retired for about a year) come and talk to Kobe in the Chairman's Room after a game. Phil wanted Michael to teach Kobe about being patient and letting the game come to him.

So, everyone sits down in the room and the first thing that Kobe says to Jordan is: "I could kick your *** 1 on 1."

Phil goes on to say that he thinks Jordan would win because he has bigger hands.
    Last edited by jsthornton7; 01-23-2014 at 02:38 PM.

vCash
    Jordan is the greatest ever...but 1 on 1 Kobe Bryant is insane...unstoppable, there's literally nothing that you could do

vCash

the balls of that man named kobe...

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Jordans reaction:

vCash
    Seems like Phil talks about this annually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    Seems like Phil talks about this annually.
    Lol true

vCash
    Kobe is more skilled than jordan, but jordan was better off the ball and much more patient, which led to better decision making and higher percentage shots. In a fair one-on-game, I think Kobe wins. However, there's no way jordan would allow that to happen cause Jordan is not above cheating (arguably the greatest cheater in-game of all time). To use a dramatic analogy, Jordan is that character in the movie who has his opponents' children kidnapped if that's what it takes to get the win.

Some people may wonder why jordan is better than kobe if kobe is more skilled (which he is, by a fair amount). The answer is simple, Jordan wants to win so badly that he is willing to recognize his limitations and work around them, whereas kobe has never fully realized what he can and can't do. This leads to kobe trying some really tough shots that jordan wouldn't ordinarily try. While kobe is by far the best at making the most difficult shots around, it's probably better to go with jordan's approach. One-on-one, I think it's close but I see jordan taking a cheap foul with the game on the line (e.g., a shot to the testicles) and Jordan eventually winning by one.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 01-23-2014 at 04:10 PM.

vCash
    Would be fun to watch but since we will not be seeing these two guys play each other in their primes, We will never know the answer to this.

vCash
    Kobe-better outside shot, MJ-better inside shot, it would be an even matchup but we would never know since both weren't in their prime at the same time.

Who would win 1 on 1 today, Durant or LeBron?

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash

I love Kobe. There's no one like him.
    Never will there be another mamba
    VIVA CROONER!

vCash

Lol, The Black Mamba. Enjoy his play while it last.

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    No on understands basketball better than phil

He is right on when he says the difference between the two is the size of their hands...

kobe's small hands have hindered him forever both in attacking the basket and ball handling

the real reason Jordan will always be better than kobe has to do with genetics

vCash
    How big are Andrew Wiggins' hands? LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j sthor nton 27855578
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

In 1999-2000, Phil had Jordan (who had been retired for about a year) come and talk to Kobe in the Chairman's Room after a game. Phil wanted Michael to teach Kobe about being patient and letting the game come to him.

So, everyone sits down in the room and the first thing that Kobe says to Jordan is: "I could kick your *** 1 on 1."

Phil goes on to say that he thinks Jordan would win because he has bigger hands.
    My question is what did Jordan say after Kobe said this, I'm surprised he didn't turn to Phil and say" We'll be back later"

vCash
    Sounds like the start of a commercial and makes me think of an episode of Regular Show I caught the end of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKUragCysHw

Here's how it would happen.

You'd have the same scenario, kobe says what he says, but next jordan leans over and whispers in Phils ear "i'll make this quick" and says "c'mon kid, let's do this"

they go out and play, Kobe all of a sudden grows into his current self and says "Let's do this" (he was 21 at the time) and they start playing. They shoot at half court for take out, with each hit they go back one line until someone missed, 5 shots later Kobe wins by hitting a shot from the opposite 3-point line (middle line, circle line, 3 point line.)

Right before the game starts Phil comes out in the black n whites and says he'll ref. 80's rules. Both players smile.

anybody want to continue the next shot sequence, or shall I? i'm having fun.

This is how we do it! I still believe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast