Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Richard Sherman says being called a 'thug,' is like calling someone the N-word

she says go for the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr View Post
    As a Rockets fan I hate the Warriors. I despise the Warriors more than any other team right now.

vCash
    Come on man, just post this in the Sherman thread... We don't need anymore of these threads.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baller1 View Post
    Come on man, just post this in the Sherman thread... We don't need anymore of these threads.
    Have there been alot of Sherman threads? The thug comment is an interesting statement that's widely overlooked in sports.

she says go for the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr View Post
    As a Rockets fan I hate the Warriors. I despise the Warriors more than any other team right now.

vCash
    Justin Bieber's a thug. But he does hang out with a lot of...
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    thats not at all what it means, especially since white people are called thugs to. are people calling them the N word as well?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Have there been alot of Sherman threads? The thug comment is an interesting statement that's widely overlooked in sports.
    Oh I agree it's worthy discussion... I just think it could have been put in the Sherman discussion already going on. No biggie though.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Both are just as bad as calling someone a redneck or hillbilly.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    thats not at all what it means, especially since white people are called thugs to. are people calling them the N word as well?
    I agree that the words aren't perfectly synonymous, but I get what Sherman is trying to say.

vCash
    Yeah, I saw that , and didn't feel the need to pile on. It's a pretty absurd statement, but he is a Stanford Grad and 4.0 Compton student so who I am I to disagree with him.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Sooo Sherman making thug racist...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I agree with Sherman. thug is usually used to describe a black athlete. while when their white counterparts get into trouble they don't get labeled, they say stuff like he acting crazy, disappointing or something like that. its kind of like when white people say he is well spoken to describe a black person.

vCash
    I've never been anywhere where so many are so worried about where;s this thread go, too many threads etc, big damn deal. Who really cares?

Ok...

When did pro footballers become sensitive little tweks? They spend 3 hours out there talking about each others mama, what body part they are going to rearange and now it's....boo hoo boo hoo I was called a.....hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! So what, big damn deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kpjets:27855591
    its kind of like when white people say he is well spoken to describe a black person.
    What??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kpjets View Post
    I agree with Sherman. thug is usually used to describe a black athlete. while when their white counterparts get into trouble they don't get labeled, they say stuff like he acting crazy, disappointing or something like that. its kind of like when white people say he is well spoken to describe a black person.
    It really isn't though. If you don't think aaron hernendez was referred to as a thug by many on psd and elsewhere you haven't been paying attention. "Thug" is not related to race at all. Do you think "gangster" is racist too?

Quote Originally Posted by SoxPatsCeltsBs View Post
    What??
    If someone told me I was "well spoken" I would thank them for the compliment. Not sure what he's getting at.
    Last edited by HoodedSB; 01-23-2014 at 02:57 PM.

vCash
    Always gotta bring race into everything.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast