Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Would you trade our 2nd round pick this year for Ryan Mallett?

Don't post often so apolgize if this has been discussed.

No clue if the Pats would go for it but given it's a high 2nd, do you think it's worth it for us? It would allow us to go Clowney/Matthews/Watkins/Barr in the 1st round and then have the potential franchise qb moving forward.

I just can't help but draw some comparisions between Mallet and Aaron Rodgers. Both guys who were projected as high first at some point in their last college year, slipped down the board, carried the clipboard watching a future hall of famer for few years, and then stepped in primed and ready to run an NFL offense.

Not saying I think Mallett will become Rodgers, I am talking more about early career paths. I have also heard that NE wants a 1st, but do you think our 2nd is high enough to get it done?

Food for thought.

vCash
    New England might want a 1st, but I doubt they will get it. I think even a 2nd rounder is still too high.

Mallett was a 3rd round pick. Sure, he's had one of the best coaches of all time and he's sat behind Brady for a couple seasons, but a team that is willing to trade for him isn't getting a proven commodity. He's a hopeful QB. And because of that, is the reason I wouldn't give a 1st or 2nd. I would for a 4th, or possibly a 3rd (if we traded back).

I really hope I'm wrong when I type this but watch out for a team like the Texans. I can see them trading a 2nd for Mallett. I would be pissed because I could see them drafting Clowney then.
    Last edited by BoKnowsRaiders; 01-23-2014 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Can't type this morning

vCash
    LOLOL no.

vCash
    na, outside those two te's they picked up the pats haven't been all that impressive in the draft lately. So the fact that he was picked up by BB honestly does nothing for me. If he showed himself to be that high of a talent through what he did in college then sure. But if he did why did he slip to the 3rd? And why are the pats entertaining offers for him? (i'm assuming, based on everyone saying they want a 1st)
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    I would be tempted. He's young and talented a good friend of mine is a die hard pats fan and he raves about Mallet. "IF" the Raiders were to trade for a young QB I would go with Cousins over Mallet, however Mallet would be the cheaper of the two.

vCash
    I don't think so. He's going to be 26 next season already and I haven't seen him play at all.

vCash
    No no no no.

vCash
    Kirk Cousins, yes!

"I will do anything to win" - Al Davis

vCash
    At this moment, I couldn't condone the use of our 2nd round pick to acquire any QB currently and reasonably believed to be attainable.

vCash
    Not a chance.

vCash
    History has shown that any player or coach who leaves NE is half of what they were, not tading for anything they have, unless Brady, Belichick, or Gronk is available...which is impossible

vCash
    I would say a 3rd for him or Kirk Cousins would be a good deal.
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.

vCash
    I would not spend anything higher than a 3rd-4th round pick on anyone's 2nd teamer right now.

There are quarterbacks that are coming out of the draft that are similar or in the same position as Mallet or Cousins.

I don't remember and cant be bothered with looking it up, but was Mallet a 2nd rounder when he came out?

I'd rather pull our own quarterback that fits the scheme that RM, DA, and Olson wants to build.

Plus Vet + Rookie sitting is my choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 21DAVID52 View Post
    Kirk Cousins, yes!
    This!
    Cousins has proven that he can be a starter in this league. And he would be better than drafting a rookie.
    Last edited by midwestlaker75; 01-23-2014 at 01:56 PM.

vCash
    hell no. i wouldn't trade a 4th for mallett considering garoppolo and mettenberger can probably had thereabouts.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast