Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

IGT: Philadelphia Flyers at Columbus Blue Jackets

Time: 7:00pm
    Place: Nationwide Arena

Game Notes:

- CBJ has won 7 straight games and are 8-1-0 in the month of January.
    - Sergei Bobrovsky will make his first start against the Flyers since being traded; he is on a roll of late, winning his last 8 starts with a 1.77 GAA and .941 SV%.
    - Nathan Horton will also be playing the Flyers for the first time since being traded from BOS.
    - Flyers are coming off of an embarrassing 3-2 loss to CAR last night.
    - Flyers have been about a .500 team this month.
    - Flyers have scored 3 goals in 8 of 11 games this month, but have also allowed 3 goals in 7 straight games.
    - Steve Mason has come up with big saves throughout, but has had trouble with rebounds of late.
    - Flyers defense corp and defense as a unit has struggled mightily this month.

vCash
    Columbus is hot and Boston comes to town on Saturday. This could be a very rough week for the Flyers.

vCash
    I'm going to say we bounce back heavy here. 4-1 Flyers victory.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Carchidi tweeting that the Flyers may put Vinny back at center tonight between Schenn and Simmonds.

Didnt say what that may mean for Raffl and Hartnell, but said they are looking to get Vinny going again.

All of you already know where I stand on this. Long term, Schenn should be there. For this year, with this roster, to me its the best way to maximize the talent.

vCash
    I take back my last statement after seeing the line combos.

Raffl - Giroux - Voracek

Schenn - Lecavalier - Simmonds

Read - Couturier - Hartnell

VandeVelde - Hall - Downie

Why WHY have Hartnell on the right when Read is right handed?!

Makes ZERO sense.

Ugh, Chief....this better work.

vCash
    Isn't Hartnell right handed, as well?
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Isn't Hartnell right handed, as well?
    No

vCash
    My bad. Also, so frustrated.

Took the plunge and bought gamecenter. Problem: it claims EVERY game is blacked out. I'm not sure why, either. Ugh. Philly is tonight because Columbus is in my market, but that's the only game on TV here.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    small chance that if you counted goals put in your own net, Luke Schenn might lead this team in goal scoring. At some point it has to be realized its not bad luck, he just needs to be more aware

vCash
    the longer we go into this season, the more I think Berube doesnt use a system that can win consistently in todays NHL. Pretty much relies on the luck of the bounce to win games. Its like he never wants the team to actually skate with the puck, he wants them to pass it or dump it depending on location. Watching defensemen passes from deep in our own zone to the neutral zone get disrupted over and over again is getting annoying. Its like he only wants skating from our own blue line to center ice, and thats it. Never do they just skate the damn puck, and it causes so many turnovers and broken up plays. Probably a good thing JVR isnt here anymore because this would ruin his numbers and probably label him as a bust by now.

Its not like the defense isnt doing their job and shutting down a play, because they do it all the time, the puck just never leaves the zone. Mezaros, Coburn, and Streit can all skate that puck out very nicely.

vCash
    Yeah I really don't like Berube as a coach that much. He's not bad....he's just quite....bland.

Say what you want about Laviolette, but his system was built for the more modern NHL. We didn't build into that system, but it did work. Berube's seems rooted in hockey's past.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Schenner!

Tied.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Yeah I really don't like Berube as a coach that much. He's not bad....he's just quite....bland.

Say what you want about Laviolette, but his system was built for the more modern NHL. We didn't build into that system, but it did work. Berube's seems rooted in hockey's past.
    look at any successful team in the NHL right now, they skate the puck from blue line to blue line, typically passing to a guy who is already at high speed. and they also all play a high pressure defense and forecheck, while basically committing holding/interference and the entire game (the refs cant call a penalty on every play, so the TYPICALLY let it go every time).

It seems like once the Devils showed they can get to the finals with an "ok" team 2 years ago, all the best teams copy that system. Freaking Columbus is playing it and they just won 7 in a row. Its also played by Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh, LA, Minnesota, etc etc

I used to think Terry Murray would be an ok backup plan, but his philosophy is terrible for the todays NHL. No idea why he was picked to be coaching up the AHL team this season.

vCash
    Damn.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Just refusing to clear the puck.
    #WhyNot?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast