Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Mid-Season Report Card

We are now officially half-way through the season. I figured that this would be a good time to assess the team. I graded the players based upon their roles on the team. How would you guys grade our players so far?

Isaiah Thomas: B+
    IT has done a really good job in the starting role. He has been great offensively, his numbers our on par with some of the better PGs in the league Ė particularly since he entered the starting line-up. His defense still has a way go.

Marcus Thornton: F
    At this point Thornton is arguably the worst starting SG in the league. For a guy who hangs his hat on his scoring ability, 7.4ppg on 36% shooting and 29% from three isnít really cutting it.

Rudy Gay: A
    For all the talk coming in about Rudy being selfish and inefficient on offense, he has been the exact opposite. Gay is scoring at a high clip while shooting over 50%. He has been a key part in our recent surge. Hopefully his injury isnít too bad.

Jason Thompson: C-
    I like JT, but heís just not a very good starting PF. Heís a decent rebounder and shoots a high field goal percentage, but he doesnít bring much to the table after that. If we can get a good starting PF, JT would make a good big coming off the bench.

DeMarcus Cousins: A
    The guy is a legit all-star and maybe the best center in the league.

Derrick Williams: B-
    Itís been rough on D-Will this season. He gets traded to a new team and begins to play well in his new role, then we get Rudy Gay and he has to adjust to a new role again. Consistency hasnít really been there, but he still usually provides a good spark off the bench.

Ben McLemore: C-
    Ben looks like he hit the rookie wall after the first month of the season. I think heís going to be good in the long run, but he has really struggled lately.

Jimmer Fredette: C
    Since Jimmer started getting consistent minutes, he has actually been a competent back-up PG. Jimmerís game definitely has its flaws, but he also shows the occasional flash of brilliance on offense. Heís still not a great back-up PG, but he has been a lot better recently.

Quincy Acy: B-
    I really like Acy. The guy is all energy. Heís a good player to have coming off the bench, he has helped change the game on several occasions. I like the fact that he has a decent jumper. If he keeps working on his jumper, heís going to be a nice rotational player in the future. He's the type of player every team needs.

Aaron Gray: B-
    I also really like Gray. He brings some old-school toughness to the team. He knows his limitations and plays really physical ball. He also sets some of the hardest screens Iíve ever seen. Heís a solid 4th or 5th big.

Travis Outlaw: C-
    After starting the season fairly strong, Outlaw has reverted to the player that we saw last year.

Carl Landry: Inc.
    No grade for Carl due to his injury, but hopefully he is able to solidify the starting PF position for the second half of the year.

Ray McCallum: Inc.
    No grade for McCallum due to lack of PT. He looked good in summer league, the pre-season, and in the D-League; I hope thatís a sign of things to come.

Michael Malone: B-
    Despite our record, I think Malone has done a solid job with the team. Cousins, Gay, and IT are all playing the best ball of their careers. The defense that he promised hasnít been there, but we have looked a little better recently.

vCash
    Only grade I disagree with is JT. He deserves a D, because he doesn't play any. He's constantly is out of position. He has absolutely no instincts for the game of basketball.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    We are now officially half-way through the season. I figured that this would be a good time to assess the team. I graded the players based upon their roles on the team. How would you guys grade our players so far?

Isaiah Thomas: B+
    IT has done a really good job in the starting role. He has been great offensively, his numbers our on par with some of the better PGs in the league Ė particularly since he entered the starting line-up. His defense still has a way go.

At this point Thornton is arguably the worst starting SG in the league. For a guy who hangs his hat on his scoring ability, 7.4ppg on 36% shooting and 29% from three isnít really cutting it.

Rudy Gay: A
    For all the talk coming in about Rudy being selfish and inefficient on offense, he has been the exact opposite. Gay is scoring at a high clip while shooting over 50%. He has been a key part in our recent surge. Hopefully his injury isnít too bad.

Jason Thompson: C-
    I like JT, but heís just not a very good starting PF. Heís a decent rebounder and shoots a high field goal percentage, but he doesnít bring much to the table after that. If we can get a good starting PF, JT would make a good big coming off the bench.

Derrick Williams: B-
    Itís been rough on D-Will this season. He gets traded to a new team and begins to play well in his new role, then we get Rudy Gay and he has to adjust to a new role again. Consistency hasnít really been there, but he still usually provides a good spark off the bench.

Ben looks like he hit the rookie wall after the first month of the season. I think heís going to be good in the long run, but he has really struggled lately.

Since Jimmer started getting consistent minutes, he has actually been a competent back-up PG. Jimmerís game definitely has its flaws, but he also shows the occasional flash of brilliance on offense. Heís still not a great back-up PG, but he has been a lot better recently.

I really like Acy. The guy is all energy. Heís a good player to have coming off the bench, he has helped change the game on several occasions. I like the fact that he has a decent jumper. If he keeps working on his jumper, heís going to be a nice rotational player in the future. He's the type of player every team needs.

I also really like Gray. He brings some old-school toughness to the team. He knows his limitations and plays really physical ball. He also sets some of the hardest screens Iíve ever seen. Heís a solid 4th or 5th big.

Travis Outlaw: C-
    After starting the season fairly strong, Outlaw has reverted to the player that we saw last year.

No grade for Carl due to his injury, but hopefully he is able to solidify the starting PF position for the second half of the year.

No grade for McCallum due to lack of PT. He looked good in summer league, the pre-season, and in the D-League; I hope thatís a sign of things to come.

Michael Malone: B-
    Despite our record, I think Malone has done a solid job with the team. Cousins, Gay, and IT are all playing the best ball of their careers. The defense that he promised hasnít been there, but we have looked a little better recently.
    Yeah right. Choose your words more carefully before you talk badly about the prodigal son.

vCash
    Isaiah Thomas: B
    I gave it a B because although he is scoring at a nice rate, and putting up offensive dribbles, I think he overdribbles a bit too much. Plus, as you said his Def isn't great right now.

When he doesn't score he's not contributing... and he's not scoring this year.

Rudy Gay: A-
    Simply because of his efficiency. If he was Raptors Rudy it'd be lower, but it's hard to ignore the fact that he's over 50% in the majority of these games. Not an A because he's kinda like every other Kings defender.

Jason Thompson: D+
    He's lazy and complains.

Derrick Williams: B
    His role has been adjusted this year, but I think he's been a good contributor as a starter and as a 6th/7th guy. He has spurts of All star level play.

He's getting the looks, but he isn't converting. I think the shots will eventually fall, but this is results oriented and his FG% is way too low.

He's a good sparkplug off the bench. But, that's it.

Perfect energy player. He's leading the Kings in FG% and usually doesn't take stupid shots. Seems like a good team player.. unstoppable motor.

I also really like Gray. He brings some old-school toughness to the team. He knows his limitations and plays really physical ball. He also sets some of the hardest screens I’ve ever seen. He’s a solid 4th or 5th big.

Travis Outlaw
    I prefer not to grade Outlaw.

No grade for McCallum due to lack of PT. He looked good in summer league, the pre-season, and in the D-League; I hope that’s a sign of things to come.

Michael Malone: A-
    He's doing his best with the cards he was dealt. Through numerous trades he's had to adjust on the fly. The Kings have one of the fewest turnovers, which I think is because of Malone.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash

Mid-Season Report Card

We're giving them grades based on last years production, yes??

A's for IT, Boogie, and Gay. JT gets a D. Ben gets a C. Gray gets a B. Jimmer gets a C. Williams gets a B, and Thornton gets an F.

Coach Malone gets a B.

vCash

Mid-Season Report Card

I wouldn't give Thornton an F. I'd give him a generous C- just cuz even though he hasn't made shots till the last two games, he was still good in the passing lanes, and has done very well passing the ball on the break and he's sadly our best perimeter defender lol

vCash
    Bart Gets an F

Lisa gets an F

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    I wouldn't give Thornton an F. I'd give him a generous C- just cuz even though he hasn't made shots till the last two games, he was still good in the passing lanes, and has done very well passing the ball on the break and he's sadly our best perimeter defender lol
    He was just benched the other game because he can't play defense. Malone's words.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB