Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Giants name Craig Johnson RB coach

The New York Giants' plan to overhaul their offensive coaching staff was apparently to hire as many quarterbacks coaches from the NFC North as possible. The Giants announced Wednesday that they have hired Vikings quarterbacks coach Craig Johnson to be their new running backs coach. Last week, of course, they hired Packers quarterbacks coach Ben McAdoo as their offensive coordinator.

Johnson replaces Jerald Ingram, who was one of two offensive assistants let go last week after McAdoo was hired. He's been the Vikings' quarterbacks coach for three years and held the same position with the Tennessee Titans for 10 years prior to that.

This is a veteran coach that has coached some great players, like Steve McNair, Giants coach Tom Coughlin said in the team's official release announcing the move. Hes been around a while and has experience as a quarterbacks coach, as a running backs coach and hes been a coordinator in college.

One vacancy remains on the Giants' coaching staff, and it's the tight ends coach position vacated when the team let go of longtime assistant Mike Pope, who is discussing the same position with the Dallas Cowboys.
    http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...rk&src=desktop

vCash
    Not really sure how to feel about this since I don't know a damn thing about him.

vCash
    I have no opinion on this.

....and that's not even the most useless post I've ever had.

vCash
    Ebenezer Samuel (@ebenezersamuel) tweeted at 7:42 PM on Wed, Jan 22, 2014:

Giants RBs fumbled seven times last season. Viking QBs fumbled eight times total in three combined seasons under Craig Johnson.
    Can't really compare running backs and QBs with fumbling. But I guess his point and the reason this guy was hired is because protection and ball security are his two biggest things.

vCash
    Those 3 seasons the QB sucked and threw INT at a high rate. They basically didn't need to fumble lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    Kawhi is going to get murdered by Lebron. He is going to make a name for himself, as the guy who cost the Spurs a championship. Guy is garbage on defense.

vCash

They're saying McAdoo is hardcore about fundamentals and minimizing turnovers (it shows w Rodgers). Probably scored a lot of pts w Coughlin to get hired.

vCash
    I don't know a thing about this guy so can't really have any kind of opinion.. We'll see what happens but I trust the move.

vCash

Now adding Gerhart makes even more sense.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Ok, I'm really pissed right now.

I like McAdoo as the new OC, but then he goes hiring some lame-*** QB coach from the ****ing Vikings to be our RB coach. You got to be ****ing kidding me? THE VIKINGS!? It's not even their RB coach who got the job, but instead their ****ing QB coach! give me a ****ing break.

And checking his resume, he hasn't coached any decent RB, but yet they use Steve McNair, a QB, as a reference? What the **** is this?

But what boils my blood the most is this statement:

One vacancy remains on the Giants' coaching staff, and it's the tight ends coach position vacated when the team let go of longtime assistant Mike Pope, who is discussing the same position with the Dallas Cowboys.
    ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!? **** MCADOO!
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 01-23-2014 at 02:52 AM.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Yes, but I'm sure Coughlin is feeling pressure from upper management for change and I doubt this guy was hired without meeting with Coughlin and getting his approval.

vCash
    yeah mike pope to cowboys is a slap in the face. but how much can he improve that position? witten already is an all pro TE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BEASTINEAST View Post
    yeah mike pope to cowboys is a slap in the face. but how much can he improve that position? witten already is an all pro TE.
    He can groom Witten's replacements.

vCash
    Until we can evaluate on-field performance, we won't truly know whether or not this was a good hire. That said, this quote from an article on Giants.com (http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...c-9a56e24388a3) makes me a bit skeptical and somewhat nervous about a QB coach being thrust into a situation that calls for enormous improvement in the run game for the team to seriously compete moving forward:

Johnson said he is excited about coaching running backs again.

Its a challenge, because its a different spot, he said. I broke into coaching as a running backs coach. I feel confident that Ill be up to the task and Ill take them where they want to go.

The key is seeing what the players do best and also make sure I am up to date on the schemes. With Ben here were going to have a new style, a new terminology and a new look and I want to make sure Im comfortable with that and Im able to teach it correctly.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Don't know anything about this guy but what I get from the hire is that he started out as a RB coach and he's a QB coach so he has knowledge of both positions...with that being said I think we are emphasizing on where guys should be (in position on the line)in motion ....getting the QB and RB's on the same page.

We've been terrible in that dept. last few years.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    I know he isn't the most popular guy in Giants land, but I'm wondering if Tiki might make for a solid RB coach at some point in the future -- perhaps once Coughlin hangs em up...

The guy was a great back and he's rather intelligent. I could actually see it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast