Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Mets #8 prospect?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dilson Herrera

0 0%
  • Domingo Tapia

0 0%
  • Luis Mateo

0 0%
  • Gavin Cecchini

0 0%
  • Chris Flexen

1 9.09%
  • Jhoan Urena

0 0%
  • Kevin Plawecki

6 54.55%
  • Brandon Nimmo

4 36.36%
  • Jacob deGrom

0 0%
  • Steven Matz

0 0%
  • Michael Fulmer

0 0%
  • Cory Mazzoni

0 0%
  • Jeurys Familia

0 0%
  • Vic Black

0 0%
  • Erik Goeddel

0 0%
  • Jeff Walters

0 0%
  • Gabriel Ynoa

0 0%
  • Luis Cessa

0 0%
  • Jayce Boyd

0 0%
  • Jack Leathersich

0 0%
    vCash

2014 PSD Mets Forum #8 Prospect

Vote for who you think is the #8 prospect.

vCash
    I think this spot feels right for Plawecki. Might not have the highest ceiling, but the floor looks pretty high, and he's a catcher so that's bonus points. Should be interesting how he performs in AA.

vCash
    I don't know. I feel like this list was already derailed by the Flores and Puello picks. I voted Plawecki again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    I don't know. I feel like this list was already derailed by the Flores and Puello picks. I voted Plawecki again.
    A lot of people on this forum are high on Flores in particular(I'm not) but Puello is also popular too.

I would have put Rosario over all of them to be honest. It's all subjective.

I think my Top 12 personally would be something like: Noah, TdA, Smith, Montero, Rosario, Puello, Plawecki, Flores, deGrom, Herrera, Cecchini, Nimmo

I actually like all of these prospects so ranking them is pretty difficult. I probably like deGrom and Herrera more than most posters while I like Nimmo less.

vCash
    My ranking was actually the same as Sickels'. I think I mentioned that in a voting thread a few days ago. So I had: Syndergaard, TDA, Montero, Smith, Plawecki, Flores, Nimmo, Rosario, Cecchini, Puello. So I guess the forum's list is relatively close. I still would have liked to see Rosario and Plawecki ahead of Puello.

vCash
    Puello's ceiling is way higher than Plawecki's and while I would have liked to see Rosario over Puello, I can understand putting Puello over him at this time given how far away and raw Rosario is.

To me, Nimmo doesn't belong in the Top 10. He's not a lock to stick in CF, he has pitch recognition issues, and he hasn't hit for any extra base pop in Savannah.

I think Cecchini and Herrera are better prospects right now given their middle-infield profiles.

Cecchini can play a major league SS for sure, and he has shown he can make contact early on and hit for a decent BA in a tough league for offense.

Herrera has shown a good amount of pop in A ball at a very young age(19) and has above average D at 2B. That's an attractive combo for that position.

DeGrom is a guy who I think is getting underrated a bit too. He belongs in the Top 10 to me. He's very raw as a pitcher experience-wise and he's had some success in Vegas already anyway.

vCash
    I wanted to vote for deGrom or Mateo, but went with Plawecki. Positional value does it for and the fact that he is closer to the majors.

vCash
    Puello has no ceiling except the supermarket ceiling he'll be staring at when he's spit out of baseball.

vCash
    Going with Nimmo here. Hoping that the player pre-injury is who we see starting the season this year.

vCash
    Plawecki over Nimmo here.

Nimmo has upside but has a long way to go and would need to stick at CF for me to think he's got better positional value than Plawecki at C right now.

Plawecki may end up being this team's starting C in the future if for any reason TDA doesn't pan out - and the Mets would be fine even if that did happen. He'd be an above average bat who is probably adequate defensively.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    I think some of our pitchers are getting undersold a bit now like deGrom, Mateo, Fulmer, and Matz. Seems odd for a pitching rich organization to have 8 hitters in the Top 10. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

vCash
    I agree, but problem is the guys that would be in the top ten or had been in the top ten had set backs last year.

Mazzoni, Fulmer and Mateo had injuries. Tapia had a bad year and while Matz had an outstanding year there are questions about his health, durability and or ability to stay a starter that you can say he does not belong in the top ten.

DeGrom is the one guy I feel should be ahead sof Nimmo and Cecchini and I will vote for him next.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I agree, but problem is the guys that would be in the top ten or had been in the top ten had set backs last year.

Mazzoni, Fulmer and Mateo had injuries. Tapia had a bad year and while Matz had an outstanding year there are questions about his health, durability and or ability to stay a starter that you can say he does not belong in the top ten.

DeGrom is the one guy I feel should be ahead sof Nimmo and Cecchini and I will vote for him next.
    This

vCash
    Plawecki wins.