Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Michael Del Zotto traded to the Nashville Predators

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6s
    Michael Del Zotto has been traded to NSH.
    no word yet on who the rangers get in return

vCash
    Kevin Klein.

vCash
    Del Zotto will provide offence for the Pred's who sorely lack it but again.. no idea why they don't address that up front where it's been lacking for years and years.

vCash
    Great deal for the Rangers if they got Klein. He's a great piece for a team making a playoff push. It's officially time to get rid of my sig

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    Klein signed for 4 more years at 2.9 per is nice.

He is a RHD, which enables John Moore to go back to his natural position.

McDonagh Girardi
    Staal Strahlman
    Moore Klein

Staal-Klein would be too immobile of a defensive pairing in AV's system.

However, this could also open the window to trade Girardi since he still isn't resigned. We could get some good offensive help for a piece like him and roll D-pairings of:

McDonagh Klein
    Staal Strahlman
    Moore Falk/McIlrath
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    How does sather keep pulling off deals like this, turns a player who demanded a trade into a player that is needed albeit struggling a bit this year. If Klein starts playing like how he has in the past this is an amazing deal

vCash
    This is one of those "helps me now, but might come back to bite me in a few years" type deal. Del Z not playing well, so you get a solid defenseman in Klein. Night in and night out he plays well. However, Del Z has some firepower yet to be realized and he's very young. Rangers win right now, but Nashville could win this trade in a couple years.

vCash
    If both teams get what they want, there doesn't have to be a "winner".

Del Zotto wasn't going to succeed in NY. Even if he becomes Shea Weber good in Nashville there's no guarantee he improves in a place he doesn't want to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    If both teams get what they want, there doesn't have to be a "winner".

Del Zotto wasn't going to succeed in NY. Even if he becomes Shea Weber good in Nashville there's no guarantee he improves in a place he doesn't want to be.
    Yea that's more or less what I was eluding to. In a way both teams win. Nashville, however, might not see their win right away, which is fine. This is a win for both teams as far as I can tell.

vCash
    What is the motivation for trading Klein? I genuinely mean that; I like the trade for the Rangers and didn't know he was available.

The Rangers had no leverage, yet somehow they added a reliable every-day NHL defenseman for a guy who has been a defensive liability and failed to reach his potential.

Del Zotto won't truly be anything special unless he really makes incredible leaps and bounds in his defensive game and consistency.

Our defense just got much better.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    I like this trade more and more.

vCash
    Trade seems to make sense. It was only a matter of time before Del Zotto was moved. To be honest I would expect a little more than Klein given Del Zotto's age and upside. It isn't always easy moving a struggling player though. I'm guessing both GM's are quite satisfied with this move.

vCash
    Rangers fans do you think this is a prelude to a girardi deal? Or insurance for the playoffs?

From an outsiders pov it looks more an more likely hell stay the year and Leave this offseason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    What is the motivation for trading Klein? I genuinely mean that; I like the trade for the Rangers and didn't know he was available.

The Rangers had no leverage, yet somehow they added a reliable every-day NHL defenseman for a guy who has been a defensive liability and failed to reach his potential.

Del Zotto won't truly be anything special unless he really makes incredible leaps and bounds in his defensive game and consistency.

Our defense just got much better.
    I remember Shea Weber had some questions regarding his defensive play prior to breaking out. Definitely not at Del Zottos level but If anyone can teach him proper defensive positioning and how to play in a system it's Trotz

vCash
    Rangers fans do you think this is a prelude to a girardi deal? Or insurance for the playoffs?

From an outsiders pov it looks more an more likely hell stay the year and Leave this offseason
    It could be either, it's hard to tell. It's reported that they are talking extension as opposed to Callahan, but I don't know if Girardi is here after the deadline.

I will say this though, if I was Sather it would be easier to trade Girardi for some picks and prospects with a d corpse consisting of Klein and not Girardi. Just way less liability.

I remember Shea Weber had some questions regarding his defensive play prior to breaking out. Definitely not at Del Zottos level but If anyone can teach him proper defensive positioning and how to play in a system it's Trotz
    At first I was laughing at the statement. Del Zotto will just simply put never be anywhere near his level. I agree though on the latter part. If there was any place for a kid like Del Zotto to go there may have been nowhere better than Nashville for him (less of a glitz and glamour lifestyle, somewhere to get a head on his shoulders). Same with Trotz, there may not have been a better coach for Del Zotto to go to than him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast