Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Would you trade Rubio for Rondo?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 36.36%
  • No

7 63.64%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Would you trade Rubio for Rajon Rondo?

Boston is looking to move Rondo at the deadline and Minnesota is a prime destination that would work for both clubs. According to Sam Amick Boston would demand Rubio and additional picks. http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/...do-deal-012014

Would you trade Rubio, 23 years old and might just be the way he is moving forward (facilitator, hussle, steals, defense, with no jump shot and cannot finish at the rim) for a legitimate top 5 PG in Rondo who is coming off serious knee surgery?

Our main motive is to get to the playoffs and make Kevin Love happy.

vCash
    I wouldn't do it. Rondo is better, but I don't see him fitting with the current roster.

Wolves United

vCash
    I would do it in a heartbeat depending on how many picks we would have to give up. Rondo would bring some attitude to the timberwolves that is needed.

vCash
    No for me. Even thought Rubio is not a big factor on scoring, he's like the face and maybe even heart of this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeVo7 View Post
    No for me. Even thought Rubio is not a big factor on scoring, he's like the face and maybe even heart of this team.
    Rubio is a poor man's version of Rajon Rondo at this point. Could he improve and surpass Rondo? To be seen. I would do the trade today. If we "hope" he improves and he doesn't, he will lose trade value along with losing Kevin Love
    John Wall and Evan Turner are overrated... let's sign Wes Johnson and Demarcus Cousins

vCash
    yeah

vCash
    He's probably an upgrade.

But would had give us any more W's? I'm not so sure.

Plus he's 5 years older, and would probably leave next year.

I'd be leaning towards sticking with Rubio, especially if Boston are wanting player/s and/or picks as well.

vCash
    we're curse. It's not the players, but FO. We should just sell this team to another state. :P

vCash
    rondo is rubio with 'at the rim' ability and an attitude so no thanks...dont want his attitude anywhere near this team.

vCash
    I would want him on a playoff run, but not the future PG.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    Just feels like you're trading the same player.. (without looking at the stat sheet)

Or maybe I just like Rubio more.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    No. Rondo is very overrated, even though he is better than Rubio. But his salary kills this deal for me.

Rondo is essentially Rubio with chemistry issues, who finishes at the rim, and gambles even more on defense.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    No. Rondo is very overrated, even though he is better than Rubio. But his salary kills this deal for me.

Rondo is essentially Rubio with chemistry issues, who finishes at the rim, and gambles even more on defense.
    We have few chances to save the team as it is. I do the deal, unless I were to view Rubio as a building block in life after Love.

I think I do still somewhat view him as that, seeing as we get special rights to negotiate a deal with him after his rookie contract, but if Rondo could save Love from leaving, its an easy call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    We have few chances to save the team as it is. I do the deal, unless I were to view Rubio as a building block in life after Love.

I think I do still somewhat view him as that, seeing as we get special rights to negotiate a deal with him after his rookie contract, but if Rondo could save Love from leaving, its an easy call.
    I have already stated what I think we need to do. If and when we miss the playoffs this year, or even if we get there and get killed, trade Love before the draft for as much as you can get for him, and have a fire sale on Rubio while his value is positive.

Rondo is not good enough to propel this team into the playoffs, and makes too much money.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I have already stated what I think we need to do. If and when we miss the playoffs this year, or even if we get there and get killed, trade Love before the draft for as much as you can get for him, and have a fire sale on Rubio while his value is positive.

Rondo is not good enough to propel this team into the playoffs, and makes too much money.
    I do see your side, and I completely understand it. But for me, if there is anyway you can hold on to a superstar, you do it. Rondo gives us a little more chance to hold onto Love, than what Rubio does. That is the point I am at right now with this ****ed up team.

When is the next time we get a chance at player of Love's caliber? Do whatever you can to keep him here. If not, we are looking at another 5 year rebuild. And whether Rubio is on the team or not, that is what we are looking at after a Love trade.

If you can trade for Rondo, the percentage of us keeping Love goes up. If we do not trade for another high caliber player, then we still lose Love, but with a greater chance of losing him. The team is stuck in purgatory, but if you have the chance, you might as well throw up a hail mary.
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 01-23-2014 at 03:40 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast