Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Yankees sign Tanaka 7 years, 155 million

Per Rosenthal. He has an opt out clause after 4 years as well.

Robert Raiola, CPA ‏@SportsTaxMan 1m
    #Yankees sign P. TANAKA for 7 years $155M. Over the next 7 years he will make an average of $120,999 per #MLB in season day.
    Andrew Wharton ‏@AWharton757 15m
    So while Tanaka is just 25, he's got some mileage. His IP put him at 69th among active pitchers.

vCash
    And I'm sure the dodgers and cubs offers weren't too far behind. Media reports from the moment he was posted said this number was a very likely possibility. But just as expected, that one team that just makes everybody go into an uproar when they sign a player, has signed a player, a player that's unproven, so lets all say it was a horrible waste of money (because the Yankees don't have money to spend) and they aren't going to make the playoffs anyway (85 wins with a completely injury riddled team last year, and were going into the season better even without cano)

PSD's 2011 Diva's Champion

vCash

He better be good

vCash

Kei igawa or hideki irabu and there's gonna be trouble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MelanconMadness View Post
    And I'm sure the dodgers and cubs offers weren't too far behind. Media reports from the moment he was posted said this number was a very likely possibility. But just as expected, that one team that just makes everybody go into an uproar when they sign a player, has signed a player, a player that's unproven, so lets all say it was a horrible waste of money (because the Yankees don't have money to spend) and they aren't going to make the playoffs anyway (85 wins with a completely injury riddled team last year, and were going into the season better even without cano)
    I personally am not in an up roar, but 22 mill a year(25 with the posting fee) for a #2 does seem crazy, but if the dodgers made the exact same offer and he signed I would be pretty stocked. Still, this guy has to be better than a #2 if CC keeps sucking or Kurodas age catches up to him.

vCash
    BTW yankee fans, do any of you expect the yankees to go sign another starter, or go internally.

vCash
    I'm dying laughing. The Yankees spent the last two years handcuffing themselves and let their best player walk, only to blow their $189 by paying someone who's never thrown a pitch in MLB (and profiles as a #2/#3) as if they were already an established ace. This is the largest free agent contract in MLB history for a rightanded pitcher on the open market.

And they still have Derek Jeter's copse at shortstop, Brian Roberts and Kelly Johnson at second and third base respectively, and a bullpen consisting of David Robertston and....? Just a terrible expenditure of money and the opt out clause is the cherry on top.

vCash
    I have a feeling that if you have 5 teams bidding 120+ on him, and the 20M in posting, they've scouted him well enough to think he's going to be good, real good. Worth 155m over 7 years? **** no, but a 25 year old free agent, that has had very good scouting reports, the best pitcher in Japan, and all 5 teams had the need for a frontline starter, of course it's going to be a slight overpay

vCash
    I'm now interested to see what the dodgers offered lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    BTW yankee fans, do any of you expect the yankees to go sign another starter, or go internally.
    I don't think the Yankees are done, I think they'll continue to check in on Jimenez and garza, but right now, the bullpen has to be addressed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MelanconMadness View Post
    I have a feeling that if you have 5 teams bidding 120+ on him, and the 20M in posting, they've scouted him well enough to think he's going to be good, real good. Worth 155m over 7 years? **** no, but a 25 year old free agent, that has had very good scouting reports, the best pitcher in Japan, and all 5 teams had the need for a frontline starter, of course it's going to be a slight overpay
    I would like you to revise that.

vCash
    7 years 155 million for someone whose never thrown an MLB Pitch, thats crazy.

I wonder how much Darvish is gonna want now on an extension.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I would like you to revise that.
    Haha I'm sorry, except for the dodgers of course. But you know what I was going for.

And I think the dodgers went with 6 years but the same AAV 22m per. 6/132 somewhere around there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy
    So they try and "fix" the posting few by giving teams $20 million, and then sign players to $150 million contracts when they've never played in America? And they did this all in the hopes of giving smaller teams a chance at paying the fee to sign players?

What a horribly broken system. What a joke of a contract.
    What on earth are you talking about?

Tanaka will make $155 million compared to the $60 million that Darvish got. The new system did exactly what it was supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Walligans View Post
    I'm dying laughing. The Yankees spent the last two years handcuffing themselves and let their best player walk, only to blow their $189 by paying someone who's never thrown a pitch in MLB (and profiles as a #2/#3)
    Citation requested

vCash
    My biggest problem with this deal is that they gave him an opt out after 4 years
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast