Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Tanaka Thread 3.0 (Update Post #29- Tanaka to the Yanks, 7/155)

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Maybe Tanaka's had a change of heart about playing in the states..

vCash
    @SteveGilbertMLB: Baseball Source: #Dbacks no longer in running for Tanaka. Story soon on http://t.co/7XtCPgqVur.

vCash
    That would suggest to me maybe the price inflated within the last 24 hours out of the range they thought possible. Would seem on the surface to be a good sign for us.

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    That would suggest to me maybe the price inflated within the last 24 hours out of the range they thought possible. Would seem on the surface to be a good sign for us.
    If it is true we were the high bidder than pricing escalating would not be a good sign for us. That means someone came in with more. Now, I suppose the Cubs could then go over that, but it is doubtful. To me if either the Dodgers or Yankees come within $10M of the Cubs deal they get Tanaka. Like it or not, Chicago is not the desired place here. Dodgers are probably most desirable because they check all boxes except he would not be the main guy. Like it or not, I believe the Yankees are viewed as having a better chance at competing for the time of his contract than the Cubs do. And that might give the Yankees the edge. That and the fact that if he wife has anything to do with the process I would think she would rather be in NY. Not daying the Cubs won't win out, but if they do the money will have to be substantially higher than the other teams. That first comment I saw was back 3000 or so comments ago was a 7/$175M. That might not be far off in the end. At least it won't be if he is a Cub.

vCash
    Can we start the official let down thread too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3:27846787
    Possibly but there are a lot of "wish list" boxes unchecked for Arizona in which "Market Size" probably being most glaring to me.
    Javylujah... Javylujah... Javylujah

vCash
    Please win the Massy Derby today

vCash
    I don't get this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTH10 View Post
    I don't get this.
    Get what?

vCash
    I don't think we've ever really needed a player more than we need Tanaka. He would be a huge piece to this rebuild, a 25yr old ace to anchor the pitching staff of the future. Him combined with the Baez/Bryant super combo plus the rest of our future call-ups could be what puts us at the top of the division and keeps us there for years. Sadly, I do not think we will be signing Tanaka though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Get what?
    It's 11 PM in Japan right now. He needs to get his *** on a plan in 12 hours. I don't get the hold up of his decision.

vCash
    IMO Close is milking it as much as possible to land his client as much money as possible.

Sure Tanaka may take less money from either LAD or NYY however if either organization was close to CHC rumored offer, it would be a done deal already. I'm sure the preference is NY or LA, but money talks.

Milk it out to see if NYY or LAD, who both have history of careless spending, do it one more time.

I'm more scared of LAD than NYY. That gift wrapped Aroid salary relief is just too much for me to overlook for luxury tax implications especially with Aroid back in 2015. Coincidence after all the NYY signings and Aroid relief NYY will be around 180M with the 189M threshold for 2014?
    Javylujah... Javylujah... Javylujah

vCash
    Maybe Tanaka is already in the states getting checked out ? This has been kept so quiet it smells of this front office!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Maybe Tanaka is already in the states getting checked out ? This has been kept so quiet it smells of this front office!
    Somebody go check out the Starbucks near Wrigley Field

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast