Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

#Rays are acquiring Logan Forsythe from the #Padres in a 4-player trade

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 6m
    According to sources, the #Rays are acquiring Logan Forsythe from the #Padres in a 4-player trade: http://sbn.to/1ap6mBH

The Tampa Bay Rays have acquired Logan Forsythe from the San Diego Padres in a four-player trade, according to a league source. Alex Torres is likely headed to San Diego in the deal, and each team seems set to receive an additional prospect.

The trade is likely to be announced on Friday, according to league sources with knowledge of the situation.

As we reported yesterday, the Padres had received calls from "a number of teams" who were interested in acquiring the versatile Forsythe. Jon Morosi of FOXSports.com noted that the Yankees were a realistic destination for him before the Rays became aggressive in recent days.

In 75 games in 2013, Forsythe hit .214 with 6 HR and 19 RBI in his third major league season. . The 27-year old appeared at five positions—third base, shortstop, second base, left field, and right field—for the Padres last year and will likely serve as a super-utility player for Tampa next year. He is a lifetime .241 hitter with 12 HR and 57 RBI in 228 career games.

Torres, seems likely to be headed to the Padres, who have been pursuing left-handed relief help in recent weeks. The 26-year old was 4-2 with a 1.71 ERA in 58 innings with the Rays last season, and will join a Padres bullpen that already added Joaquin Benoit earlier in the offseason.

vCash
    I wonder how the Rays will use Forsythe? Maybe Zobrist will go back to the OF?

vCash
    Oh.

"If we think we’re going to go out in a seek and destroy mission, this team will just laugh at you. They’ve had people running at them for five years; they know how to deal with it. Going out and thinking we’re going to intimidate the Chicago Blackhawks is nuts. They’ve seen all of that before and they just play right through it.

- Ken Hitchcock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I wonder how the Rays will use Forsythe? Maybe Zobrist will go back to the OF?
    Infield depth I'd imagine.
    They only have Rodriguez and Lee (which isn't the worst situation in the world) but Lee's coming off of injury.

I doubt Zobrist bumps DeJesus/Guyer/Joyce from the OF on a permanent basis.

vCash
    Nice looking deal for the Rays. Alot of teams wanted this player for the underrated utility role.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-22-2014 at 02:37 AM.

vCash

vCash
    -5 points for unnecessary hashtags

vCash
    man i was hoping the yankees would make a move for him
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    I must be the only one who thinks it's crazy to trade a 25 year old lefty starter who can throw 95 mph for a utility infielder who hit .214 last year. This was an absolute robbery. I wouldn't be surprised if Torres became Matt Moore for the Padres. If SD keeps him in the bullpen they're idiots.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.

- Mark Twain

vCash

vCash
    I didn't like this trade for the Rays until I saw the prospects. Not a bad trade.
    Last edited by Twitchy; 01-22-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    the Rays could have a good platoon using Forsythe and Joyce. when Forsythe plays he is at 2B and Zobrist is in the OF?
    Joyce can't hit LHP, but Forsythe can.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    I didn't like this trade for the Rays until I saw the prospects. Not a bad trade.
    I thought they were only getting Logan back but I just read up more on the trade from another source, and I am convinced more than ever that Friedman must have been drunk while he negotiated this trade.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.

- Mark Twain

vCash
    SD seems good at making sneaky good moves.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    i like it for the rays