Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Mike Pettine is going to get Browns job

RT @gggaughan: I'm hearing Mike Pettine is going to get Browns job. A deal is close.

https://twitter.com/gggaughan

vCash
    That is great i was hoping they would sign somebody else i want Quinn to stay in Seattle.

vCash

Not bad better than Gase
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash

Browns: where coaches go to get fired quickly.

vCash
    I like what he was doing with that BUF defense and CLE has a really encouraging defensive core to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Good for him. Obviously not Cleveland's first choice but they could have done much worse.

vCash
    If he keeps Norvus.... they are s c r e w e d

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chargerSD View Post
    If he keeps Norvus.... they are s c r e w e d
    Norv is already in Minnesota.

The Deal is not done at all and they are said to still be interviewing candidates today possibly Quinn or Koetter from Atlanta.

Pettine does seem to be the favorite though right now.

vCash
    The real winners from this coaching search are SF, SEA, Denver. Mainly because Cle. isn't smart enough to go after Roman- who would help if they take Manziel, or Quinn, Cable, Tomasula?, Fangio, Bevvell, Del Rio, Gase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Norv is already in Minnesota.

The Deal is not done at all and they are said to still be interviewing candidates today possibly Quinn or Koetter from Atlanta.

Pettine does seem to be the favorite though right now.
    If Pettine is hired it makes sense that Schwartz goes to Cle. Apparently Cleveland was interested in him?

vCash
    Browns Management - "Hey, Would you like to quit your coaching job in ________ for a temporary head coaching gig here? You'll get atleast 12m when we fire you next year but your reputation might take a hit"

Candidates - "No thanks"

Candidates - "Nah, Thanks tho"

Candidates - "Hell No"

Candidates - "You crazy? Quit my job with stability for a temp agency?"

Candidates - "Uhhh, Ill pass...."

Candidates - "12m?? For one year? Sounds good, Send a plane!"

vCash
    As a Bills fan, this sucks if true. Apparently we'll find out for sure tonight.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    Not sure any established head coach would want this opportunity after what managment keeps doing with their coaches?

Seems like a good opportunity for a coordinator with no NFL head coaching experience to step in and get a year of experience before the Browns cut him loose though.

I think Browns management might have 0 tolerance for anything less than playoffs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkyoutsider View Post
    Not sure any established head coach would want this opportunity after what managment keeps doing with their coaches?

Seems like a good opportunity for a coordinator with no NFL head coaching experience to step in and get a year of experience before the Browns cut him loose though.

I think Browns management might have 0 tolerance for anything less than playoffs?
    In all reality the main thing Browns Mgmt wanted was improvement throughout the year. That did not happen with losing 10 of their last 11 and the team basically quiting against the Jets and Squeelers the final two weeks when word had it that Chuds job was in trouble. For a team that players were upset that Chud got let go the way he did they sure didn't care about playing for him that final week in Pitt.

Also doesn't look good when you have statistically the best WR this year even after he missed the first 2 games and 5 other Pro Bowlers on the roster that you can't at least improve throughout the year or finish the 6 games that they had leads going into the 4th quarter with. As an avid Browns fan (yes you can have pity for me) I am not concernly upset with them letting Chud go the way they did but instead the fact that they did not really have a plan when they let him go and now it seems like the national media sees blood in Cleveland and they are all attacking any little tick or tack that happens in Berea now.

If Pettine is their guy and he goes 5-11 or 6-10 next year I don't see the FO having an issue with that unless they go 5-0 and then lose their last 11 games and see no improvement on the team or players fighting at the end of the season.

vCash
    It's hilarious that one argued Cleveland being a better situation for Chip than Philly was last year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast