Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Nets Playing Excellent Defense

Good win vs. Magic tonight. Didn't look as sharp as they did vs. Knicks last night, but got the job done.

A little upset Reggie isn't getting some garbage time minutes.

vCash
    Why? Who cares about Reggie I care about winning

Props to MJ BULLS!

vCash
    A lot of it based on Livingston being inserted into the starting lineup. He makes our defense extremely versatile and he is active on that end

vCash
    I think I'm inclined to keep D-will as our 6th man (back PG) coming off the bench. He gives us stability and a player who can create his own shot on the 2nd line. Livingston's role as a pass first PG in the starting line-up with so many other players who need/want the ball (JJ, Pierce, KG) gives the starting line-up a good cohesive balance.

Livingston isn't as strong as a player when he is playing with the 2nd line-up because they need that little extra boost that D-will gives them, or say some star power. D-will playing a lot of time with Blatche, Kirilenko and Teletovic on the 2nd line helps all 3 players stay calm and focused; with no need to force shots and be strained on the offensive end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Block21-Chito View Post
    Why? Who cares about Reggie I care about winning
    Reggie cares, and so do I. Nets have been winning blowouts.

No reason Reggie shouldn't be getting some garbage time minutes.

vCash
    Actually I really don't care that Reggie has lost time in the rotation. Reggie Evans does not need minutes at all right now. I want minutes given to Tele and then Plumlee over Evans. Give a ton of minutes to Tele please. Shooters need consistancy in the minutes and shots department. See what we have in Plumlee..he actually looks pretty nice. We know what we have in Evans. The best part about Evans is we can insert him in any time and he doesn't lose much at all. I will bet you Evans will be getting consistant minutes in the playoffs
    Ballin-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ambisme56 View Post
    I think I'm inclined to keep D-will as our 6th man (back PG) coming off the bench.
    You'll say that until the first 3 game losing streak with Livingston. Then it'll be "why isn't DWILL playing!?! FIRE EVERYONE!"

All joking aside, Livingston has been a blessing. One of the major problems this Brooklyn team has had is that when DWILL is injured or out, there was no consistency on the floor. There was always potential. But no one that could pick up the team while a star was out. Whether that be DWILL, Brook...[insert name here].

Livingston so far has been able to keep the team afloat, and even provide strong defense. I am simply happy that DWILL (assuming reports are correct) has come to this conclusion himself, (reasons why he's coming off the bench). But under no circumstances do I think he is going to go the rest of the season as the 6th Man.

It is likely he is still injured, but realizes he doesn't need to hold and carry the burden of the team himself. That he actually has help in that department. So there is no need to rush him back full force. Yet. But the time will come very soon, (Likely Friday against Dallas) where he will be the starter again. I for one am happy the Nets have Livingston behind DWILL. At least for now it lessened the blow of yet another DWILL ankle injury.

As for Reggie? Meh, right now...all I want to see is winning. We know what we can get from Reggie. Should he be playing more? Possibly. But just like having DWILL come of the bench to keep the consistency going. There is no sense in killing the mojo just to give someone garbage time.

I say keep the foot on the other team's throat, and don't let up until you're the last team standing.

"Hey Reggie! You want a chance at a title? Or more garbage time minutes?"
    Last edited by wdwyer; 01-22-2014 at 09:37 PM.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Reggie should ne getting some floor time at the end of blowouts