Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Celtics at Heat

vCash

Celtics at Heat

I'm liking Chris Johnson.

Humphries is ... steady. Just consistent.

With Bradley injured looks like he won't be a trade chip for awhile.

Greens defense has been solid.

Bass? Playing great. Let's hope the injury is not serious.

Rondo looks rusty... to be expected.
    Current
    Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey
    Jerryd Bayless, Chris Babb
    Jeff Green, Chris Johnson
    Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger
    Kris Humphries, Kelly Olynyk, Joel Anthony

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

Colton Iverson (stashed overseas)

vCash
    Humphries with the power flushes today!

vCash
    Sully bad pass... then Rondo - bad pass... too bad, they are playing great

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    Humphries with the power flushes today!
    You know... I would never thought I'd "say" this but Humphries fits the Boston Celtic mold.
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

vCash
    Hump was solid when he was given the minutes in Brooklyn/NJ.....Green is garbage....has no handle and needs to go. Really impressed with this Johnson kid....Sully impressing me on the offensive glass...great game....I almost want them to win .....almost lol

vCash
    I think if they were serious about winning they wouldn't have Rondo in late in these games. He needs to shake the rust off for a few games before he's ready for that role, imo.
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

vCash
    That's all folks. Nice game for the C's, but they can't stand up to Miami in the last few minutes here.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Good loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    I think if they were serious about winning they wouldn't have Rondo in late in these games. He needs to shake th erust off for a few games before he's ready for that role, imo.
    He was terrible tonight. In particular his shooting, but, his timing on D and his passing is off too. Rondo playing his minutes late would have had zero effect on the outcome of this game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    Good loss.
    Agreed.

Although if they are going to win now and again we want it to be against teams like the Heat.
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

vCash
    all i have to say is Green does need to go. He is definitely not the go to guy they wanted him to be, in fact he's opposite. He has a tendency to turn the ball over in the most inopportune times

vCash

Celtics at Heat

Boy looks like rondo worked on his free throws when he was hurt.

So what do you supporters have to say about this? He is rusty or hasn't played game speed 3rd game back.

Bull ****. He could still have worked on his shot ever lay in your back and throw the ball up in bed to practice your form or standing and doing it up a wall.

Pathetic if you ask me! Kids do these things to improve their form and this million dollar so called captain probably didn't do **** at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I kind of agree with this, but then we'd end up will BB in a helicopter trying to fly over random football fields all over the country.
    Big Brother is watching

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post

So what do you supporters have to say about this? He is rusty or hasn't played game speed 3rd game back.

Bull ****. He could still have worked on his shot ever lay in your back and throw the ball up in bed to practice your form or standing and doing it up a wall.

Pathetic if you ask me! Kids do these things to improve their form and this million dollar so called captain probably didn't do **** at all
    Rondo is less than half way through an exhibition season. He's playing against players / teams in mid-season form. Did you notice how heavily he was breathing? His minutes are restricted. Just doesn't have his game legs yet - and as I am sure you are well aware, shooting begins with a good foundation... the legs. I hold no allusion that he will come back as a 90% FT shooter, but in fairness to Rondo it would be wise to hold off judgment and ludicrous pronouncements until there is a larger sample size. Maybe began an in depth analysis of where he stands after the minutes restrictions are completely lifted?
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

vCash

Celtics at Heat

Would love to do in depth talk but I'm mostly pooping at work when I post and hope everyone has good stuff to talk about so I can read it.

One day sir I'll have a computer at home and will look stuff up
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I kind of agree with this, but then we'd end up will BB in a helicopter trying to fly over random football fields all over the country.
    Big Brother is watching

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post

Far be it for me to criticize someone picking on Rondo, but... I want to focus on the shooting comment. You can practice shooting all you like - by yourself, in practice, rehabbing from injuries - I did them all each hundreds of times. But no matter how hard you work, or how high you jump, or how perfect your form - there is no replacement for being tired, sweaty, loud crowd, trash talker trying to block your shot, another defender just coming into range as you're about too shoot.

No. There is no substitute for playing in a real game against real players that want to beat you. It's hard to be in shape when you have a knee injury. It takes time to come back.

Now OTOH, even at 100% I don't see Rondo as being helpful to his team in terms of wins and losses. He made a couple of wonderful passes - and the shots were missed. The team is banged up and has poorly fit pieces as OM likes to intone.

Even if Rondo was playing insane ball right now the other issue is who would want him?

Indy? No dominant PG, but they all pass and the team has great chemistry - no way
    Miami? Chalmers is nothing to brag on, but LBJ and Wade are ball dominant - no room for Rondo - no
    None of the top 8 teams in the West would deal for him.

So guess what? Rondo stays, at least until draft night.