Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Senior Bowl

vCash

Senior Bowl

Thought we could start a new thread regarding the senior bowl. So far we have met up with Iowa tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz. Found this out on walterfootball

vCash
    There's not even very many seniors I like this year.

Zack Martin os really the guy I'll be paying the most attention to.

vCash
    Here's a video of ray farmer at the sr bowl. I like his demeanor, and think he probably has the lead for the gm job.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media...e-0c987a6d39ee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    There's not even very many seniors I like this year.

Zack Martin os really the guy I'll be paying the most attention to.
    They performed measurments yesterday and Martin arms are a bit short for RT.
    6'4
    305lbs
    Hands 9 3/4
    32 1/2 arm length.

I like to see how he performs at guard during the game even though he doesn't have any experience in it.

I like Brandon Thomas OT Clemson as a late round pick

6'3 1/2
    316lbs
    10 3/4 mittens
    34 3/8 arm length

He's looked impressive in drills

vCash
    Yeah I'm not too worried about his arms, I think he can still play tackle, and at worst he's a pro bowl guard IMO, which is also a need for us.

Every year there are olineman who are incredibly technical and people talk about there short arms, seems most of them do just fine.

vCash
    Here's a video of ray farmer at the sr bowl. I like his demeanor, and think he probably has the lead for the gm job.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media...e-0c987a6d39ee
    liked to hear about his philosophy.. interesting.

vCash
    Yeah I'm not too worried about his arms, I think he can still play tackle, and at worst he's a pro bowl guard IMO, which is also a need for us.

Every year there are olineman who are incredibly technical and people talk about there short arms, seems most of them do just fine.
    I have no problem with him at Guard. He could be an anchor for years to come.

vCash
    Pugh for the Giants didn't do fine. think its a reach for Martin at 19
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Agreed - with all due respect to him - and this is another reason why I hope we fix OL in FA. I want BPA available at 19. Someone interesting will slip. And I'd typically defer to an underclassman, one with Miami or Florida ties if possible. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix? Calvin Prior? Timmy Jernigan? Eric Ebron?
    Last edited by Sparky; 01-21-2014 at 10:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Lmao, Pugh outplayed every lineman drafted in the first round, started every game, last 7 games was damn near flawless. Gmen are more than happy with Pugh.

vCash
    Lmao, Pugh outplayed every lineman drafted in the first round, started every game, last 7 games was damn near flawless. Gmen are more than happy with Pugh.
    I thought I heard he was struggling - but maybe that was early on.

Btw, think Kyle Long and Travis Frederick both played well for their teams as 1st round rooks. Actually, almost all the OL rooks contributed except for Cooper in ARI who got hurt early on.

vCash
    Kyle Long was great

also Hageman destroyed Martin (who will move to Guard) repeatedly from what I read
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Post the link, I've read nothing but good things about Martin in the practice. And like I said, I'm fine with him at guard, to me he's perfectly built to play guard, and as I've said multiple times, for me this draft needs to be all about the run game.

vCash
    So far through the first set of snaps, Notre Dame OL Zack Martin lined up at LT and was beaten on all 4 snaps by Hageman. Looks like a OG @IanWhart0n

Okay, I've seen enough of Minnesota's Ra'Shede Hageman to know I'm a fan. BIG, lean, athletic, good use of hands. Sheds blocks. @OmarKelly
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Thx

Walter football was raving about Martin, I guess well see. As for short arms I'll say what I've always said about prospects, if the only negative thing people can say about them is a physical one, there probably pretty good.

And if you cant find tape where it effected them or where the team had to scheme because of it, it's probably a non-issue. Every game I watched, which I watch a lot of ND, that left side of the oline handled there business.

And drafting quality guards in the 1st rnd is acceptable these days with the way teams blitz inside. We got destroyed one on one outside, but the inside blitz really hurt us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast