Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Even if we end up as the 4th or 5th seed in the East this season will still be a fail

If we give up Monroe that'll be the second biggest mistake in Piston history, seriously even bigger than drafting Darko. If we drafted Melo, Bosh, or Wade they woulda bolted asap anyway. If we give away Monroe that'll be such a failure.

We already gave away Knight for a nobody(you heard it: Jennings is a bum!). Now signing Smith and pushing out Monroe. We where beginning to develop an identity of hard working defensive minded old school team which has been not altered but compromised entirely with this high volume low performing defensively unwilling players like Smith and Jennings.

Does it piss anyone else off that we gave Knight away for absolutely nothing? God, by the end of this season we're gona look at this trade and just face palm all over the place. What really pisses me off is MIL had the nerve to ask for Middleton too like we where scamming them when actually they committed theft(det got violated and we're about to be violated again when we give Monroe away for a nobody to make room at PF for the most inefficient forward ive ever seen). We dont need Smith, Smith is good for a team like MEM or SA, a team thats not super athletic at center where Smith could play above the rim; sensless to have two rim protectors in Dre and Smith, we need to stay diversified w old school Monroe and rim protecting Dre.

If the best asset we get in return for Monroe is Ariza I promise you ill be supporting GSW or MIL bc of Knight, ill officially be done with DET. I dont look at the BG and CV signings as all the bad, we had to do something with salary and Dumars knew this team was going to continue to be a mess until a new owner bought them. I think if your team doesnt have a salary of like $45M you get taxed heavily and honestly look at BG's stats before he came to DET, if he could play D he woulda been close to a franchise player.

vCash

Even if we end up as the 4th or 5th seed in the East this season will still be a fail

I don't really want to give up on Monroe but if cheeks can't grow some balls and bench one of them then something needs to be done. In my opinion, either smith or Monroe need to be benched and have some type of substitution where each of them and Drummond ends with around 30 minutes a game average and do it as a who has the hot hand on a game to game basis who actually plays a little more. It would make it so we have two above average bigs in the game at all times. Sometimes other bigs would get a few minutes based on foul troubles and things of that nature but for the most part we play 3 bigs every game and maybe in the end of game situations have all three on the court at the same time.

This leaves singler as a starter for sf most likely but maybe that will be alright with his shooting ability and we look to sign a sf this offseason or look for a deal involving stuckey or Villanueva at the deadline.

AAP: Kim English

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by detzfish View Post
    I don't really want to give up on Monroe but if cheeks can't grow some balls and bench one of them then something needs to be done. In my opinion, either smith or Monroe need to be benched and have some type of substitution where each of them and Drummond ends with around 30 minutes a game average and do it as a who has the hot hand on a game to game basis who actually plays a little more. It would make it so we have two above average bigs in the game at all times. Sometimes other bigs would get a few minutes based on foul troubles and things of that nature but for the most part we play 3 bigs every game and maybe in the end of game situations have all three on the court at the same time.

This leaves singler as a starter for sf most likely but maybe that will be alright with his shooting ability and we look to sign a sf this offseason or look for a deal involving stuckey or Villanueva at the deadline.
    Its just seems like Smiths style of play would be better off the bench compared to Monroe. The second unit would be deadly run and gun with Bynum, Stuckey, and Smith. Monroes game wouldnt fit with the second unit as much as Smiths would. Monroe just feels more complimentary to KCP and Singlers game. If we trade Jennings some how for Rondo Monroe would be the perfect fit to Rondo. If we get Rondo we need to offer Rondo as many different weapons as possible; Drummond above the rim and Monroes old school post play, Smith and Drum would be offering Rondo the same look with no diversity.

vCash
    If we could end up as a 4th or 5th seed in the East, even in this dismal Eastern Conference this season that'll be a HUGE success, lol. If we could do it with this dirty *** roster, I'd be in damn shock and go into eventual coma lol.

#ERMAHGERD

vCash
    I thought the goal heading into this season was to make the playoffs, even if it was the 8th seed. So to me getting the #5 or even #6-8 seed is a win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I thought the goal heading into this season was to make the playoffs, even if it was the 8th seed. So to me getting the #5 or even #6-8 seed is a win.
    I agree Lions. Even if they are lowly expectations, Gores said the goal was to make the playoffs. I think we will, if we can play a bit better than we have the 1st half. We shall see, if Gores said "win a playoff series", it would be different.

vCash
    It's been a very disappointing to say the least. We've had Smith and Jennings at about 60mil+ and we have 1 more win than we did last year at this time. 17 wins at mid season, 16 last year and 15 the year before that. So we've moved up 1 win each year, Deeeetroit Basketballllllll.....

#firedumars

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    It's been a very disappointing to say the least. We've had Smith and Jennings at about 60mil+ and we have 1 more win than we did last year at this time. 17 wins at mid season, 16 last year and 15 the year before that. So we've moved up 1 win each year, Deeeetroit Basketballllllll.....

#firedumars
    Wow, we trade our future for one extra win! unbelievable

vCash
    Yeah, getting the 4 or 5 seed would be win win for this team. Making the playoffs should also be seen as win win for this team.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 5-8, games this week vs. Chicago White Sox (3), Baltimore (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: 11-5, 2013 AFC South Champs, great season guys.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, good effort guys.

vCash
    lol making as the 8th seed would be a success...if we somehow got a Top 5 Seed, Gores would probably be ready to give Dumars an extension

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    If we give up Monroe that'll be the second biggest mistake in Piston history, seriously even bigger than drafting Darko. If we drafted Melo, Bosh, or Wade they woulda bolted asap anyway. If we give away Monroe that'll be such a failure.

We already gave away Knight for a nobody(you heard it: Jennings is a bum!). Now signing Smith and pushing out Monroe. We where beginning to develop an identity of hard working defensive minded old school team which has been not altered but compromised entirely with this high volume low performing defensively unwilling players like Smith and Jennings.

Does it piss anyone else off that we gave Knight away for absolutely nothing? God, by the end of this season we're gona look at this trade and just face palm all over the place. What really pisses me off is MIL had the nerve to ask for Middleton too like we where scamming them when actually they committed theft(det got violated and we're about to be violated again when we give Monroe away for a nobody to make room at PF for the most inefficient forward ive ever seen). We dont need Smith, Smith is good for a team like MEM or SA, a team thats not super athletic at center where Smith could play above the rim; sensless to have two rim protectors in Dre and Smith, we need to stay diversified w old school Monroe and rim protecting Dre.

If the best asset we get in return for Monroe is Ariza I promise you ill be supporting GSW or MIL bc of Knight, ill officially be done with DET. I dont look at the BG and CV signings as all the bad, we had to do something with salary and Dumars knew this team was going to continue to be a mess until a new owner bought them. I think if your team doesnt have a salary of like $45M you get taxed heavily and honestly look at BG's stats before he came to DET, if he could play D he woulda been close to a franchise player.
    Would you please just sign off already? You make the most ridiculous forums and know NOTHING about basketball. Are you even a fan of the Pistons? Just sign off like you promised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit[x] View Post
    Would you please just sign off already? You make the most ridiculous forums and know NOTHING about basketball. Are you even a fan of the Pistons? Just sign off like you promised.
    Why dont you sign off? Your annoying, policing the forums; relax, Scruff McGruff

vCash
    lol Scruff McGruff

vCash
    I see us making the seventh or eighth seed, and giving the bobcats around ninth or tenth first round lottery pick. The future looked bright with Monroe and Drummond anchoring the team, but now with smith in the mix the futures looks more and more uncertain. I can't wait to see what we do, or don't do this upcoming off season to balance this crazy mix of talent out.

vCash

So you see us making the playoffs and being in the lottery? Awesome

AAP: Kim English

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast