Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Roger Goodell: Penalized hits could become reviewable

Roger Goodell: Penalized hits could become reviewable http://t.co/9C4oDAZHvv via @cbssports

vCash
    Omg noooooo I hate change. Bravo Goodell

vCash
    Finally a rule change that makes sense.

vCash
    They have to be as reviewable if NFL refs are going to just throw the flag whenever they see a big hit like they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Thanks for throwing me a bone, Mr. Goodell.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Great idea, but I'm not so sure about the time it's going to take to review these plays. It's going to slow the game down, add more commercials..
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash
    Love this
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    This will be a good move. Who gets to do the flag review? League office via remote?
    Internet gamblers warning: Do NOT use Sports Interaction. They will steal your bankroll with hidden "administration fees" if you don't lose your money to them while betting.

vCash
    Right now high school kids are lifting weights to become more of a weapon. The NFL wants the biggest, fastest, strongest athletes, they also look for hitters. You cannot play football at any level and not have collisions and violent hits, that is football. I'm not talking about cheap hits or dirty play, that is different. But this.....hit on a defenseless player......that sucks. Hitting with the shoulder pad is football.

Not so long ago ESPN had the big hits of the week, can't recall what it was called, I;m thinking...JACKED UP!...or something like that. That has always been the game, you knock a QB out of the game...instant hero...high fives all around. I can't see how the game can be played any differently, this is similiar to boxing/MMA it's all about violence.
    Last edited by CCRider; 01-21-2014 at 03:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    Right now high school kids are lifting weights to become more of a weapon. The NFL wants the biggest, fastest, strongest athletes, they also look for hitters. You cannot play football at any level and not have collisions and violent hits, that is football. I'm not talking about cheap hits or dirty play, that is different. But this.....hit on a defenseless player......that sucks. Hitting with the shoulder pad is football.

Not so long ago ESPN had the big hits of the week, can't recall what it was called, I;m thinking...JACKED UP!...or something like that. That has always been the game, you knock a QB out of the game...instant hero...high fives all around. I can't see how the game can be played any differently, this in boxing/MMA it's all about violence.
    So...good rule change?

My opinion is that every single play should be reviewable. If the intent of instant replay is to get the right call why is anything unreviewable? Its stupid.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 34_for_life View Post
    So...good rule change?

My opinion is that every single play should be reviewable. If the intent of instant replay is to get the right call why is anything unreviewable? Its stupid.
    My obvious point was too much is being made of the violence in a very violent game. Now it's reveiw just how violent or legal violent? A running back busts through the line he's fifteen yards down the field, here comes a safety the back lowers his head and knocks the defender down, that's now illegal...???? It's getting ridiculous.

I'm not in favor of slowing the game down anymore than they already have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 34_for_life View Post
    So...good rule change?

Agreed. Everything should be challengeable. It shouldn't slow the game down much if the Same rules apply to challenges...each team gets 3 per game to use at their discretion, whether it is a Bowman turnover or a helmet to helmet hit. If you lose, then you lose a timeout.

vCash
    If you're going to limit each team to 2-3 challenges per game anyway, EVERY play, call or non-call should be reviewable. If you want to burn your challenge on a non-call on a blatant DPI, go for it.

The infallible ego of referees shouldn't come into play on what can be challenged.

vCash
    iam usually a goodell basher,but for once I AGREE with the reviews of penalized hits...too big of game changers for them not to be reviewed...makes a game go from 3 hrs to 3 1/2 give or take,but hey....dont people want more football anyways?

vCash
    i hope that this is one of many rule changes in the future that might actually help the defense

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast