Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

many in the MLBPA wanted to kick a-rod out of the MLBPA

The backlash against A-Rod among players is massive. One player said Rodriguez "needs to be scared of coming back": http://t.co/N8y5Kt9dLG

“@JeffPassan: The sense, players told @TBrownYahoo and me, is that by suing the union, A-Rod is suing every player individually. A huge breach of trust.”
    “@JeffPassan: The most telling moment came on player-rep conference call. After roll call, the first player given a forum and asked: Can we kick him out?”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    The backlash against A-Rod among players is massive. One player said Rodriguez "needs to be scared of coming back": http://t.co/N8y5Kt9dLG

“@JeffPassan: The sense, players told @TBrownYahoo and me, is that by suing the union, A-Rod is suing every player individually. A huge breach of trust.”
    “@JeffPassan: The most telling moment came on player-rep conference call. After roll call, the first player given a forum and asked: Can we kick him out?”
    I'd love to know who that was.
    鈴木一郎

<a href=http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43695&dateline=1394044691] target=_blank>http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ima...ne=1394044691]</a>

vCash
    This whole thing is a waste of time and a sham.

vCash
    Couldn't disagree more, unless you're talking about A Rod dragging out this nonsense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Couldn't disagree more, unless you're talking about A Rod dragging out this nonsense.
    I would drag it out too if I was the target of a witch hunt because MLB let this go when it was making their sport popular and the yankees want out of the contract after knowing from the beginning the contract was terrible.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash

vCash
    I wish they would have done it.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I would drag it out too if I was the target of a witch hunt because MLB let this go when it was making their sport popular and the yankees want out of the contract after knowing from the beginning the contract was terrible.
    A witch hunt for a witch.

By your claim in bold I can tell you have no idea of the historical context and situations MLB faced in the late 1990s and early 2000s. You sound neither knowledgeable or well read on the topic.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 01-21-2014 at 09:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Yup. I don't blame him one bit

ACE
    1-1
    7.50 ERA
    12.0 IP
    12 K
    1.33 WHIP

vCash
    This is all very interesting. Say all you will about A-Rod I don't agree with his being singled out when a lot of other guys where using steroids during that time and they haven't faced the scrutiny that he has.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 5-8, games this week vs. Chicago White Sox (3), Baltimore (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: 11-5, 2013 AFC South Champs, great season guys.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, good effort guys.

vCash
    Tommy Lasorda once had great admiration for Alex Rodriguez, even, like many, believing that A-Rod someday was going to be the game’s clean home run king.

Now, the Hall of Fame manager says, the disgraced Yankee slugger is a cheat who is “trying to ruin the game.” And, Lasorda says, Rodriguez should serve an even longer suspension than the 162-game ban Rodriguez currently faces.

Former Met great Rusty Staub is angry that Rodriguez attacked the players union with a lawsuit as part of Rodriguez’s fight against his suspension. Rodriguez also filed suit in federal court against Major League Baseball. “I thought the thing he did with the players association was pathetic,” Staub said.
    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2r7s7iE2x

vCash
    "Witch Hunt" might be the most ironically dumb description of something like this I've seen used.

vCash
    **** arod
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Either you're completely off topic or don't understand it.

This thread, at least, isn't about MLB - it's about the players' association. This has nothing to do with MLB or the Yankees.

The Big contract you refer to, is relevant - because the union he's suing put in place the conditions so that he and his agent could negotiate it.
    "i responded in accordance to his idiotic jackassery sayings about me.. "

In the immortal words of Youkahhhhhh - Aug/29/2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todu82 View Post
    This is all very interesting. Say all you will about A-Rod I don't agree with his being singled out when a lot of other guys where using steroids during that time and they haven't faced the scrutiny that he has.
    There's "being singled out" and then there's "choosing to single yourself out".

A-Rod chose the latter - now he's enjoying the consequences.
    "i responded in accordance to his idiotic jackassery sayings about me.. "

In the immortal words of Youkahhhhhh - Aug/29/2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast