Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Hindsight Fantasyland Part1 :: D'Antoni vs Melo

Since the team sucks, has little prospects without firing Woodson and a lot of the threads are depressing, it would be nice to create a theoretical alternate reality conversation on what could have been at a key juncture in history:

D'Antoni goes to Dolan and says we need to trade Melo, but instead of forcing D'Antoni to resign, the Knicks trade Anthony.

Be GM's, look at who and what would have been available at the time and construct a new history for the "Woodson Era". One where Lin is never let go. One where maybe Fields is still here. One where we have a good young player and/or picks in exchange for Melo. Go wild. Let me hear your thoughts.

vCash
    D'Antoni wanted D-Will for Melo IIRC....

honestly we wouldn't have been better off in the scenario....

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    Mike D'antoni was a complete moron and a horrible coach.

vCash
    Hey, hey, the thread is not "Bash D'Antoni", the thread is if Dolan had listened to D'Antoni and traded Melo, how would we be different today? How would our fortunes have change?

We could have traded for Harden for all we know.

We could have traded Melo for Gasol +filler+Pick(s)

As for D'Antoni, he was a good coach, not a great coach, and he continues to be a good coach. Any coach can look horrible when their best player(s) are sabotaging him. Those topics have been discussed thoroughly and ad nauseum.

Imagine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by randallk34 View Post
    Mike D'antoni was a complete moron and a horrible coach.
    Knicks were at least fun to watch with that moron(your words not mine) coaching the team. Now they are not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Hey, hey, the thread is not "Bash D'Antoni", the thread is if Dolan had listened to D'Antoni and traded Melo, how would we be different today? How would our fortunes have change?

We could have traded for Harden for all we know.

We could have traded Melo for Gasol +filler+Pick(s)

As for D'Antoni, he was a good coach, not a great coach, and he continues to be a good coach. Any coach can look horrible when their best player(s) are sabotaging him. Those topics have been discussed thoroughly and ad nauseum.

Imagine

Sorry, i just hate Mike Dumb Dumb D'antoni.

To answer your question though, if one moron (Dolan) listed to another moron (D'antoni) nothing good could have possible came from that.

And he is not a good coach at all. Im not gonna rant but he was horrible and still is. Please don't try and defend Dumb Dumb Mike. My favorites were his coming out of breaks or t.o. with no play called. Him always giggling in post games when the team was horrible. Him on the sidelines yelling "run run run".

vCash
    In my version can I keep Melo? Amare starts taking steroids and starts looking like 2006 Amare. We then trade him, JR Smith (still putting up 6moy numbers) Ray Ray and our 2018th pick for Kevin love and Ricky Rubio

Also trade 2015 1st rounder and second rounder for 2014 1st rounder

Starting Lineup

Rubio
    Iman
    Melo
    Love
    Tyson

Bench - Bargs, THJR, Novak (we got him back for subsidizing Toronto FO's car insurance payments in perpetuity) Kmart, MWP 2014 rook

D'Antoni would do better with Bargs, and with Rubio running point he'd absolutely kill under his system. Tyson Kmart, MWP hold down our D and thats a nasty rebounding front line
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    What if James dolan wasn't born and his dad was still running the Knicks.

vCash
    Woulda shoulda coulda. Are you that bored?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PJAF View Post
    Woulda shoulda coulda. Are you that bored?
    No, the Knicks are just that pitiful and it doesn't look like anything is going to change anytime soon. Why dwell on misery when we have no power to change it?

vCash
    Nothing, and I mean nothing, in all my decades of basketball fandom comes close to the disheartening, fan turning catastrophe that Dolan+Woodson+Players have perpetrated this season. I have seen a lot of basketball and played a lot of basketball and I put the lion's share of the blame on Woodson. But just the number of long time fans that I personally know, that have been thoroughly turned off by what has gone on this season! It's mind-blowing! And there isn't even a hint of change or urgency from the coach or front office. I am telling you, the number of fans checking out on the team is ridiculous.

vCash
    D'antoni and Lin > Melo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    D'antoni and Lin > Melo
    Yes, but who would you have traded Melo for?

Pau Gasol maybe?

vCash
    a lot of coaches do the same thing on the sidelines, yelling go go go.

is mike woodson better?

Quote Originally Posted by randallk34 View Post
    Sorry, i just hate Mike Dumb Dumb D'antoni.

To answer your question though, if one moron (Dolan) listed to another moron (D'antoni) nothing good could have possible came from that.

And he is not a good coach at all. Im not gonna rant but he was horrible and still is. Please don't try and defend Dumb Dumb Mike. My favorites were his coming out of breaks or t.o. with no play called. Him always giggling in post games when the team was horrible. Him on the sidelines yelling "run run run".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    a lot of coaches do the same thing on the sidelines, yelling go go go.

is mike woodson better?
    Yes. Mike Woodson doesn't yell, he looks with profound consternation and wonders why the thing that didn't work in 20 other losses isn't working now! Then he remembers Beno and chews him out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast