Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Rank Giants Needs

What are the Giants biggest needs and how would you rank them ? And any potential solutions (FA, Draft, Internal)

My thoughts:

1- Tackle
    2- Center
    3- TE (SPEED,TALL)
    4- OLB (SPEED)
    5- CB
    6- RB (DURABLE)
    7- Outside WR (TALL)
    8- DT
    9- DE

Tackle - Go after Eugene Monroe aggressively and move Pugh to Guard.

Center - Alex Mack needs to be the starting Center next year.

TE - Address this position in the 1st round in the draft, possibly even trading down to acquire more picks and get Eric Ebron or Jace Amaro. This draft will be all about the QBs, LB/DE and Oline in the top 15, so we could have Ebron fall to us if we can drop to 15-16.

OLB - Take care of this position in the 2nd round with either Shazier (If he drops) or Van Noy. I would also take a look at Larry English to help with the Pass Rush as long as he is back to 100 percent and is willing to take a cap friendly contract.

CB - I would have loved to lock down Talib or DRC but they look most likely to resign with their existing teams. I am a bit torn here on whether the solution should be considered through the draft or FA, but we could look at Sam Shields who had his best season with the Packers last year and/or also Stanley Jean Baptiste in the 3rd round.

RB - This is the trickiest position to fill due to the GIANT question marks on both Wilson's and Brown's health. I would not mind giving them another shot to try and be that 1-2 combo and address the position by a mid to late pick, but even a vet willing to take a cap friendly deal as insurance would be clutch. Perhaps James Wilder Jr. in the 4th or 5th Round. We also should bring back Hillis on a 1 year minimum type deal, as we saw he can pass block and catch the ball out of the backfield.

WR- I would like to see Kenny Britt come back home and get it right this time. We did it with Plax and it worked out well for us for a few years. Lets get another tall threat for the endzone and someone who I think would love to be back in NJ.

DT - Simple get Anvil resigned to start Hankins and Anvil side by side.

DE - Resign Tuck and get DMoore a lot more involved. Maybe a 6-7th round project and Veteran signing as well.

*The above obviously is contingent on the Giants making some necessary cuts and/or restructuring needed to free up some cap space.

vCash
    Good post, ****** thread.. Welcome to the forum but learn where to post things please otherwise we'll turn into the Knicks forum lol

vCash
    1st - Offensive Line
    2nd - Everything else but QB

vCash
    1) O-Line
    2)TE
    3)CB
    4)Compensatory fill-ins
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    I am going to welcome you, rather than debate with the hard write you typed up.

Needs:

Oline
    RB
    LB
    TE
    CB
    DE
    S