Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

could Jimmy Goroppolo be a franchise qb??

I have been watching lots of film on every top qb in the draft and this guy really stands out to me. I personally think he looks better than bortles or manziel. Could he possibly be a franchise qb? He has a super quick release and is very smart with the football. Reminds me of russell wilson. im confident he could come in and beat out mcgloin and tp day 1. What would eveyone think if we went clowney/barr round 1. Devonte adams/kelvin benjamin round 2. And goroppolo round 3. Throw in some high quality Fa's on defense, wr, and ol. sign a stop gap qb like schaub or vick and whala we are relevant again. Although with the way RM does things he will probabaly draft Goroppolo in the first because he is "his guy" and then we will watch christian ponder given the starting job ahead of him.

vCash
    he has terrible accuracy and no anticipation. Sorry he is not better then McGloin and nothing like Wilson... And definitely not better then Bortles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12:27841229
    he has terrible accuracy and no anticipation. Sorry he is not better then McGloin and nothing like Wilson... And definitely not better then Bortles.
    I'm not sure that is an accurate assessment. His accuracy is certainly not terrible and his anticipation is generally not a source of criticism either. I've actually seen those particular areas listed as strengths and have viewed some evidence of such. His ball placement was apparently impressive yesterday. I've seen hand size and competition level (obviously) most cited cons.

vCash
    The problem is that there is a huge difference between not bad and able to succeed in the NFL.

vCash
    Wth anticipation is one of the best and biggest parts of his game. The things that concern my are his arm strength and Tyler Wilson hands

vCash
    I did how ever watch him shred sdsu live the first game of the year and he looked amazing

vCash
    All im saying is he looks just as good as the other qbs coming out and it wouldnt force us to pass on an elite prospect For a gamble At qb. If our draft was clowney calvin benjamin and goroppolo in the first three rounds we get 2 starters maybe even 3. Pair that with a vet qb like schaub or vick and some good fa additions like mack michael johnson verner and all of a sudden we have a playoff team with a bright future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo:27841337
    The problem is that there is a huge difference between not bad and able to succeed in the NFL.
    I only used "terrible" because of its previous utilization. I find his arm talent, accuracy, and anticipation NFL caliber. In the somewhat subjective topic of the draft and its prospects, I've come to really like Garoppolo. The fondness in no way approaches Firm-Nassib nor do I place him near the top of QB prospects, but I do find him quite intriguing and worthy of selection within reasonable and appropriated slot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpcoin View Post
    All im saying is he looks just as good as the other qbs coming out and it wouldnt force us to pass on an elite prospect For a gamble At qb. If our draft was clowney calvin benjamin and goroppolo in the first three rounds we get 2 starters maybe even 3. Pair that with a vet qb like schaub or vick and some good fa additions like mack michael johnson verner and all of a sudden we have a playoff team with a bright future.
    Kid reminds me more of Ryan Fitzpatrick than anyone, not worth risking a 3rd that we can use to grab a solid G when the kid will probably go in rounds 4-6. I'd rather use a 2nd rounder on Fales or Macarron if we are drafting a QB outside of 1st round.

vCash
    Anticipation and arm strength seem to be things QB's can develop at the NFL level, if they're given some time on the bench.

Given the choice, however, I'd rather go with a more "NFL ready" prospect - Boyd and Murray, IMO, are the best values, while Teddy Bridgewater is the safest pick.

If the Raiders signed a veteran QB - McCown, Schaub, etc - they could draft Bortles, put him on the bench and let him develop for the NFL; in a year or two, he'd probably be ready to play some football at the NFL level.

OR, you take a flier on someone in the middle rounds, using free agency and the draft to bolster the offense and letting McGloin / veteran / draftee fight for the job.

vCash
    This guy is a hot topic because of this one performance in the East west Shrine game?

He is a 5th or 6th rdr at best in my eyes.

vCash
    For him to even be in the discussion is to show everyone how vastly overrated this QB class really is.
    Boy, this modern day 20th century technology is "golly-gee-willikers"!! Whaaa?

"Why didn't someone tell me this was the 21st century????"

vCash
    He didnt only have one good performance. Go look at his stats they're eye popping

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DatFatCat View Post
    Kid reminds me more of Ryan Fitzpatrick than anyone, not worth risking a 3rd that we can use to grab a solid G when the kid will probably go in rounds 4-6. I'd rather use a 2nd rounder on Fales or Macarron if we are drafting a QB outside of 1st round.
    I would gladly take a "Ryan Fitzpatrickish" type of QB in the 5th or 6th round, provided we had a 5th. He'd make a very good backup, just use him for spot starts when the starter goes down( McGloin).
    Boy, this modern day 20th century technology is "golly-gee-willikers"!! Whaaa?

"Why didn't someone tell me this was the 21st century????"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    He didnt only have one good performance. Go look at his stats they're eye popping
    Gio, He was estimated to be drafted in the 5th to 7th rd. His "eye-popping performances" didn't just come to the attention of the scouts recently. He was there for a reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast